cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not able to input the fields in takeover tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to maintain legacy asset using AS91. After entering the master data and the depreciation terms, when I click on the 'Takeover Value field, field are grayed so not able to enter any value

Parameters defined by me are:-

Data take over date is :- 30.09.2008

Previous system dep period:- 6

Now when i take capitalization date before 31.03.2008 than system allows me to enter values in Takeover values tab.

But when i take capitalization date after 1.04.2008 than system grayed the take over tab fields.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Should check Also the starting date of FI period.

I believe is 31.03.2008 . In this case for asset with capitalization date after 1.04.2008 , you can only post depreciation of the period, and you must input a "movement" fot the APC. Type movement 100

Hopes it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

More explanation is.

we have uploaded the old assets up to 31.03.2008 by AS91, but when we are trying to upload the current year assets than system shows takeover tab fields in display mode, i am not able to input any value.

so here our data tranfer date is 30.09.2008 and last period posted in previous system was 6th.

While doing AS92 also system shows me all takeover tab fields in display mode, when I select capitalization date after 31.03.2008.

The thing is that how we can upload all those assets which we have purchased in the current year and how we will treat with the depreciation in the system.

regards

former_member695461
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kuldeep

the issue is very simple.

AS91 shows greyed fields because it assumes that asset is not an legacy data takeover.

For example. suppose your data takeover date is 31.12.2007 then you are persuing system to take over old assets before 31.12.2007. if you try to put cap date as 01.01.2008 then this asset is not a takeover asset technically and it should be created through AS01.

Now the question you have is what should be done during takeover in mid year?

for this lets assume that your fiscal year is from Jan - Dec and your go live date is 1st June. then your asset takeover date should be 31st May and not 31st december.

hope this helps you.

Thanks

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Thanks for make me understand with an example,

Now the question is should i take accumulated dep of ol assets by 1 june ( according to you)

and second what t.code should i use to upload the current year assets and where i will put the current year dep.

and how i will pass the accoundting entry for current year assets dep.

Regards

former_member695461
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kuldeep

There is only one T-code from where you can upload all the values.

Simplistically your Asset trasnfer date should be a day prior to your go live date.

for example if your go live date is 1st july then your asset transfer date should be 30th june.

In this way you dont have to segregate current year assets and legacy assets technically. The only difference would be for your current year assets you need to uplaod values for ordinary depreciation posted field.

All values are uploaded through AS91.

Eample

fiscla year 1st jan 2007 to 31st dec 2007

current period is october 2008.

go live date 1st november 2008

following values should be uplaoded

Asset 100

APC Cost

Accum depreciation till 31st dec 2007

ordinary depreciation till ocotber

Value adjustment (Asset transaction) from Jan to october.

Thanks

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sanjeev,

Thanksfor reply and give your valuable inputs for my all queries.

Thanks

Answers (0)