cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM - send email

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to send email from the BPM, as in the GP, as i think sending out an email to inform the user than they receive a new task in UWL is an important element in the process flow.

Thanks in advance.

-julius

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188702
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

You can send emails for all the following purposes,

- new task in inbox/UWL

- task was delegated to someone else

- task was nominated to someone by administrator

You can use a generic webservice as an automated activity for sending/receiving mails.However, unlike GP you can't maintain e-mail templates in BPM for now.

Best Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use a generic webservice as an automated activity for sending/receiving mails.

Is there a built-in generic web service to send/receive the email? Or i need to build one? Appreciate if you can provide more insight to do it.

Thanks.

- julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

Thanks for your interest in BPM. There is unfortunately no predefined content (Web Service) which sends an email and that you could reuse. However, it is possible to configure BPM on the engine level to send notifications out when tasks are assigned to people.

You can find the CTC Template under http:
<server>:<port>\nwa --> Configuration Management --> Scenarios --> Configuration Wizard.

Select BPM or Galaxy Mail Server Connectivity in the list.

Best regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I've executed the "Galaxy Mail Server Connectivity" with entering my desired SMTP server and email account info.

With this in place, how do i send the email from BPM?

Thanks.

- julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

Normally, emails should be sent on task creation/assignement. You need to make sure that the user assigned is maintained properly in the UME (email address specified).

Best regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much, David.

1) I followed your advise, but still couldnt send out the email upon invoked the process as a task in the portal UWL. Is there any step that i missed?

2) Is it possible to customize the email message that would sent to user upon receiving a new task?

3) Is it possible to trace the email sent to the user, as an Administrator ?

- julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

1) It seems that there is a functionnal issue. Can you please look into the trace and look for error message related to this (package com.sap.bpem.mail)?

2) It is unfortunately not possible to customize the mail body.

3) It is not possible to trace directly the email sent to the user.

Best regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again David.

1) It seems that there is a functionnal issue. Can you please look into the trace and look for error message related to this (package com.sap.bpem.mail)?

Do you meant defaultTrace log? I couldnt find the "com.sap.bpem.mail" in there. Or do you meant a special log for bpm engine?

- julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

It should be in the default trace log. If necessary, please increase the log level to warning.

Best regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

The logging conifguration in CE 7.1 is pretty new to me. I go to NWA -> Problem Management -> Log and Traces -> Log configuration.

Which logging categories should be enabled to the "Warning"?

Thanks.

- julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

You can find now a detailed documentation on these settings here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce711/helpdata/en/5e/08e65340f74f81bf868ee99d8a525f/frameset.htm

Hope this helps,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you David.

I was following the given URL to configure the "Notification Messages Service" at nwa -> Configuration Management Infrastructure -> Java System Properties -> Applications tab.

Unfortunately, the properties for the tcbpembase~ear are ready-only. I got this error message:

All properties are read only, because there are no running instances on template "CE_Composition_Environment_production_full".

Any idea?

- julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

There seems to be a serious problem with the my BPM at this moment. All previous working BPM processes that were deployed are not working anymore.

When instantiating the process at NWA -> Configuration Management -> Processes and Tasks -> Process repository, i got the following error at the default trace. The error seems to point to "language is not specified". Anyone has any idea?

An error occurred while executing transition START_TASKFLOW_Fill_Name_Age(Token_0_prcMyNameAge_33ce7c1565941b6210332a8ff1b6d4ea(Instance_0_prcMyNameAge_33ce7c1565941b6210332a8ff1b6d4ea(null,null,null,false),0), Instance_0_prcMyNameAge_33ce7c1565941b6210332a8ff1b6d4ea(null,null,null,false), View_0_User_A_ExcludedOwners_33ce7c1565941b6210332a8ff1b6d4ea(Instance_0_prcMyNameAge_33ce7c1565941b6210332a8ff1b6d4ea(null,null,null,false),Scope_0_MyNameAge_33ce7c1565941b6210332a8ff1b6d4ea(Instance_0_prcMyNameAge_33ce7c1565941b6210332a8ff1b6d4ea(null,null,null,false)),0,false), View_3_User_A_PotentialOwners_33ce7c1565941b6210332a8ff1b6d4ea(Instance_0_prcMyNameAge_33ce7c1565941b6210332a8ff1b6d4ea(null,null,null,false),Scope_3_MyNameAge_33ce7c1565941b6210332a8ff1b6d4ea(Instance_0_prcMyNameAge_33ce7c1565941b6210332a8ff1b6d4ea(null,null,null,false)),0,false)): com.sap.glx.core.kernel.api.TransitionRollbackException: Exception during prepare, rolling back

at com.sap.glx.core.kernel.mmtx.AbstractTransactionBase.rollback(AbstractTransactionBase.java:517)

at com.sap.glx.core.kernel.mmtx.AbstractTransaction.do_prepare(AbstractTransaction.java:174)

at com.sap.glx.core.kernel.mmtx.AbstractTransaction.commit(AbstractTransaction.java:77)

at com.sap.glx.core.kernel.execution.LeaderWorkerPool$Follower.run(LeaderWorkerPool.java:120)

at com.sap.glx.core.resource.impl.common.WorkWrapper.run(WorkWrapper.java:58)

at com.sap.glx.core.resource.impl.j2ee.ServiceUserManager$ServiceUserImpersonator$1.run(ServiceUserManager.java:116)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:337)

at com.sap.glx.core.resource.impl.j2ee.ServiceUserManager$ServiceUserImpersonator.run(ServiceUserManager.java:114)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:169)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:266)

Caused by: com.sap.glx.core.kernel.api.KernelException: javax.ejb.EJBTransactionRolledbackException: (Failed in component: sap.com/tcbpemtmear) Exception raised from invocation of public com.sap.bpem.tm.ITaskInstance com.sap.bpem.tm.adapter.impl.GalaxyTaskProviderBean.createTaskInstance(com.sap.bpem.tm.adapter.TaskInstanceTO) method on bean instance com.sap.bpem.tm.adapter.impl.GalaxyTaskProviderBean@3f6100b1 for bean sap.com/tcbpemtmearannotation|bpemtmejb.jarannotation|GalaxyTaskProviderBean in application sap.com/tcbpemtmear.; nested exception is: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: language is not specified; nested exception is: javax.ejb.EJBException: (Failed in component: sap.com/tcbpemtmear) Exception raised from invocation of public com.sap.bpem.tm.ITaskInstance com.sap.bpem.tm.adapter.impl.GalaxyTaskProviderBean.createTaskInstance(com.sap.bpem.tm.adapter.TaskInstanceTO) method on bean instance com.sap.bpem.tm.adapter.impl.GalaxyTaskProviderBean@3f6100b1 for bean sap.com/tcbpemtmear*annotation|bpemtmejb.jar*annotation|GalaxyTaskProviderBean in application sap.com/tcbpemtmear.; nested exception is: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: language is not specified

at com.sap.glx.core.kernel.mmtx.PrimaryTransaction.inPrepare(PrimaryTransaction.java:150)

at com.sap.glx.core.kernel.mmtx.AbstractTransaction.do_prepare(AbstractTransaction.java:172)

... 11 more

Caused by: javax.ejb.EJBTransactionRolledbackException: (Failed in component: sap.com/tcbpemtmear) Exception raised from invocation of public com.sap.bpem.tm.ITaskInstance com.sap.bpem.tm.adapter.impl.GalaxyTaskProviderBean.createTaskInstance(com.sap.bpem.tm.adapter.TaskInstanceTO) method on bean instance com.sap.bpem.tm.adapter.impl.GalaxyTaskProviderBean@3f6100b1 for bean sap.com/tcbpemtmearannotation|bpemtmejb.jarannotation|GalaxyTaskProviderBean in application sap.com/tcbpemtmear.; nested exception is: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: language is not specified; nested exception is: javax.ejb.EJBException: (Failed in component: sap.com/tcbpemtmear) Exception raised from invocation of public com.sap.bpem.tm.ITaskInstance com.sap.bpem.tm.adapter.impl.GalaxyTaskProviderBean.createTaskInstance(com.sap.bpem.tm.adapter.TaskInstanceTO) method on bean instance com.sap.bpem.tm.adapter.impl.GalaxyTaskProviderBean@3f6100b1 for bean sap.com/tcbpemtmear*annotation|bpemtmejb.jar*annotation|GalaxyTaskProviderBean in application sap.com/tcbpemtmear.; nested exception is: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: language is not specified

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.TransactionAttributeHandler$Required.error(TransactionAttributeHandler.java:307)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.TransactionAttributeHandler$TransactionAttributeErrorsHandler.error(TransactionAttributeHandler.java:130)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_Transaction.doWorkWithAttribute(Interceptors_Transaction.java:40)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_Transaction.invoke(Interceptors_Transaction.java:22)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.AbstractInvocationContext.proceed(AbstractInvocationContext.java:177)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.AbstractInvocationContext.proceed(AbstractInvocationContext.java:189)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_StatelessInstanceGetter.invoke(Interceptors_StatelessInstanceGetter.java:16)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.AbstractInvocationContext.proceed(AbstractInvocationContext.java:177)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_SecurityCheck.invoke(Interceptors_SecurityCheck.java:21)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.Interceptors_ExceptionTracer.invoke(Interceptors_ExceptionTracer.java:16)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.DefaultInvocationChainsManager.startChain(DefaultInvocationChainsManager.java:133)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb3.runtime.impl.DefaultEJBProxyInvocationHandler.invoke(DefaultEJBProxyInvocationHandler.java:164)

at $Proxy399.createTaskInstance(Unknown Source)

at com.sap.bpem.tm.adapter.invocation.CreateTaskManagmentObject.persist(CreateTaskManagmentObject.java:144)

at com.sap.glx.core.kernel.mmtx.PrimaryTransaction.inPrepare(PrimaryTransaction.java:145)

Thanks in advance.

- julius

Edited by: julius on Nov 6, 2008 12:57 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just ignore the post above. Solved by setting locale/timezone.

former_member189440
Participant
0 Kudos

Can we send an email alert in BPM using control statement.

i.e for example if i send the request as material number as 1002343 if it does not exist in that BAPI an email will be triggrered to the user that there is no info exists for that material. if yes can us end me the link.

Answers (0)