cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLD - Relate to functionality?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am designing the PLD for Cheques for Payments, for which I need to show the Payee as "Vendor Name, Vendor's Bank Name, Vendor's Bank Account Type and Vendor's Bank Account Number" or simply put as for e.g. "Murtaza R.E., ICICI Bank, SB, A/c 0123456789"

now in OCHO there is a VendorCode (or BP Code) field, the vendor's bank details are stored in OCRB table, I have a hint that this is something to do with the Relate To, but I am unable to understand the functionality of Relate To and Next Segment in the PLD, I am using 2005B PL32

Also, does anybody have any documentation on the PLD, it would be great if somebody could send it to me at murtaza at universal dot net dor in

Murtaza

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murtaza,

I have only 2005A version. It should apply most for your B version.

I have sent it to you. Hope it is helpful.

Thanks,

Gordon

gagan_thareja
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Murtaza,

I could provide you the following if this helps.

Relate to:

This option is relevant for special scenarios only and requires knowledge of SQL.

This field is used for retrieving data related to key records found in tables other than the table linked as default to the current print template.

A key record is a field used as a primary key in a certain table. This key record functions as the identifier of this record and therefore it is required to retrieve any additional data related to it.

For example,if you need to print the name of a certain bank, which is not linked to

the table used in the current print template, you must first create a Text field of Database source type using the required table and select a key record, such as Bank Code. Then, you need to create an additional Text field of Database source type; select the table again, select the required column (such as Bank Name) and type the unique ID of the field with the key record in the Relate to field.

There might be two or more key records in the same table. In this case,

these two key records are required for retrieving the data.

Next Segment:

Use this field when a validation of two or more key records is required, for example, the field BP Bank Country and the field BP Bank Code.To make this double validation, select the unique ID of the next key record field in this field. The field with this unique ID will be used as the secondary validation key record.

We do have one example that could help you out to understand this.

Example:

If you just add the country name from countries table (Countries: Name),

you get no results. You will then have to add another field: 'Business Partner: Bill-to

Country'.And relate the field 'Countries: Name' to 'Business Partner: Bill-to Country' by unique ID.Only then you will get the country name on printing.

Regards,

Gagan Thareja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

Thanks, I received the file you sent, just briefly went thru it. I have not yet tested what has been explained about the Relate To

I will get back with the results soon

Thanks,

Murtaza

Answers (0)