Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strategy-11

former_member207022
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We are using strategy 11 for finished goods. The problem is i have created one manual production order without demand say for example 1000 units for october month. Now i have given the demand for november 2500 units and run the MRP. I am getting the planned order for 1500 units but i want it should created 2500.

I have made scope of check Incl.prod.order = Dont take into account.

If i go to the PIR screen and gave the demand in october month for that manual prod.order 1000 and after running MRP, system is giving the correct 2500 units.

Any config settings required?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Your system behaves properly, in case of strategy 11 SAP considers PrdOrd during MRP run. So if you have a PrdOrd of 1000 pcs and a PIR of 2500 pcs, SAP will create PldOrd of 1500 pcs during MRP run.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/a2/4e799d927d11d1800f00c04fadcb73/frameset.htm

However, (based on your setting) if the date of PrdOrd is before the date of PIR, it may occure that during confirmation the PIR qty won't be reduced. Please check:

Regards,

Csaba

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

In Std SAP it is not possible. Conception indicators whatever you are maintaining in material master and MD62 are only for reducing PIR by requirement and not for RECEIPT like Production order.

availability check what you are talking about will help only in sales order and not for net qty calculation.

Hence if you want the production order not to be considered for net calculation, then only option is to change the std SAP logic which I will not recommend.

But tell me why are you creating a manual order.

As per stg 11, what you enter in PIR is the total production what is possible in that month, hence the whole logic of 11 is based on. But in your case you are assuming that PIR qty + manual production order qty is the production capacity of your plant which is not correct?

pl come back with your purpose of manual creation of production order?

former_member207022
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi brahmankar and Rajesha,

I have tried for Backward/forward consumption periods also.

Rajesha,

For open production orders before go-live i need to upload that.

thats why i want to create open prod. orders.

former_member207022
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesha,

I understood your answered. But suppose if i want the open production order quantity should not consider for net requirement calculcation. What to do? Any Badi or Exit?

Please let me know.

former_member207022
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Csaba,

I dont have any MRP group for my FG. I have maintained consumption mode 2 and consumption periods are 999 days. even i am not getting.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whether you use MRP group or not ith doesn't matter. It is only to make your life easier if you have set of goods that require the same MRP settings. Nothing more.

As I understand, you can see in MD04:

October PrdOrd 1000 pcs

November PldOrd 1500 pcs

November PIR 2500 pcs

(1000 + 1500 - 2500 = 0)

As I told you this is the proper behaviour of SAP in case of strategy 11. If you want to have PldOrd of 2500 pcs in November, you have to add PIR of 1000 pcs to the already existing 2500. I don't think you would have other sensible solution.

It doesn't matter you created the PrdOrd from a PldOrd or not (I mean "manually"), SAP will consider it.

Regards,

Csaba

former_member207022
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Csaba,

whatever you are mentioning , it is same in MD04.

I know if add 1000 units in the PIR it will create exact of my req.2500 units of planned order.

You are saying it is standar SAP behaviour.

Any possible is there without changing the PIR.

Brahmankar,

Waiting for your valid reply

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per my best knowledge it is not possible. You can input a 1000 pcs PIR in Ocotber and you can add a remark to the PIR that is was created just because of technical reasons (for the manual PrdOrd).

Csaba

former_member207022
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi brahmankar,

waiting for your valid reply

former_member207022
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi brahmankar,

waiting for your valid reply

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Your order October PrdOrd 1000 pcs is completed and post to the inventory stock?

If not then do GR for first order then run MRP again with planning mode 3.

PrdOrd before tha due date of you PIR? I'm not sure you problem lies in this, but it can be one reason.

Stg 11 is driven by consumption period...maintained in material mster Hence please check the consumption stg, forward period and abackword period in material mster MRP3?

What your MD62 value right now?

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You need to maintain the following master data for the finished product:

Maintain strategy group 11 on the MRP screen.

Set the Mixed MRP indicator to 2 on the MRP screen.

Maintain the item category group (for example, NORM) on the Sales Organization screen.

Maintain the Availability check field so that you perform an availability check without the replenishment lead time (checking group 02 in the standard system).

What is the PIR requirment type... it should be "BSF" check and let me know.?

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member207022
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Brahmankar

Already I have maintained all like strategy group - 11, Mixed MRP - 2, Availability check - 02, item cat.group in sale org. - NORM.

Requirement type - BSF

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

The system will not consider the warehouse stock means comparision of PIR with the plant stock, irrespective with plant stock it calculte the net requirement.You have to set MRP mixed indicator 2. i.e gross requirement planning in MM01 of MRP view is enough.

Have maintain the MRP group in material master.

Check MRP group setting and try again RUN MRP with Planning mode -03 deleted and recreated.

Please try and come back.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member207022
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for quick response. I have not maintained any MRP group. What MRP group to be create? and what settings to be done in MRP group. Kindly let me know