cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM: Security

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

I have a issue with setting up security for MDM user's. I created a Role for user as"READ only".

It works good in Data Manager, but when i log into Syndicator and try to add new filed in destination items. I am able to add a new field with user "READ only".

Could any one suggest me a soultion.

Thanks in Advance

Cheers

Srihari Reddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srihari,

As you have said, that you have cerated a READ ONLY user in console; so I am assuming that in Roles table you have given only Read Only Access in the Tables and Fields tab.

If you are doing this; then you are absolutely correct that in Syndicator, MDM will allow you to create a new field in Destination Items tab if you logged in by READ ONLY user but when in Item Mapping tab you will try to map any source field with that destination field; you will not be able to map it.

The Map button will be grayed out if you are logged in by READ ONLY user in Syndicator.

So, if READ ONLY user creates any field in destination items in Syndicator then also it won't be able to perform any action with it. So it will be of no use. READ ONLY user will only be able to perform syndication using the maps which have already been defined in Syndicator...nothing else.

Hope that will definitely resolve your query.

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

ThankQ for you gudience

Cheers

Srihari Reddy

Answers (0)