Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High number of UnsuccessfullLogonAttemptsCount

kevshill
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have just started using Netweaver CE7.1 productively with a single application.

I noticed a high number of UnsuccessfullLogonAttemptsCount as reported by the Java System Reports. (security report)

I also noticed a fair amount of unsuccessfull Guest logon attempts as seen in the security log. Could this mean that the Guest password is entered incorrectly in some configuration? How do I check this?

regards,

Kevin Hill

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This may not be problem with guest user.

May be problem with password policy and anonymous user and content permissions.

Check your password policy.

Thanking You,

Gopal

kevshill
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the response. What should I check in the password policy?

regards,

Kevin

former_member193769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check Maximum number of failed attempts and increase it to 20 .

And check the session expiry time.

Thanking You,

Gopal

kevshill
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The "Maximum Number of Failed Logon Attempts" is the number of failed logon attempts before the user is locked. Why should there be any failed logon attempts in the first place?

regards,

Kevin

former_member193769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

After installation you have changed the password of administrator and then restarted the server.

There are some other users which still use the old administrator password and while restarting the server the password check failed for those service users and this is reported as failed attempts.

This is my guess and I am not sure.

Open these properties in config tool and check any users are assigned.

ume.logon.anonymous_user.mode

ume.login.guest_user.uniqueids

Previously I got this type of problem because my sdm password and administrator password is different and I tried to connect to sdm using administrator ID and password.

Thanking You,

Gopal

kevshill
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The ume.login.guest_user.uniqueids is set as Guest, however ume.logon.anonymous_user.mode does not seem to be set.

The Guest password was changed. I reset this to the original master password that I had set during installation and the problem of high UnsuccessfullLogonAttemptsCount seems to have gone away.

regards,

Kevin