cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange rate posting method - Incorrect !

somchitra_oun-anuiom
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

One of our installations was setup with an incorrect exchg rate posting method. It should have been set as direct, but is set as indirect instead.

However, over the past three month, no transactions have been posted in the system using any foreign currency.

Having said so, there are still volume transactions since the past three months mainly involving AR, AP, Payments and JE's.

AR / AP with FX will start soon, and we want this posting method to be fixed. I am aware that since the transactions have been posted, this setting cannot be reversed.

I would like all of you out there to share your thoughts with me, as to how we can tackle this problem. The only two solutions, that come to my mind are -

1. Use the backup of initial settings and import all transactions using DTW (lest importing does not have any impact)

2. Changing the DirectRate field in the OADM table from N to Y. Again, I am not sure, what would be the impact of this.

Looking forward to hearing from you all,

Cheers.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somchitra,

The 1st option is right for you. It is indeed lots of output and DTW to do but it is necessary.

The 2nd way is direct update B1 database. That is very risky thing to do. You should never try to update through SQL command. You may loose support from SAP.

Thanks,

Gordon