Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External email issue

sudheer_ellath2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am facing an issue for sending WF notification to the eternal email address. Even though I configured the SU01 with external email id, still notifications are sending to SAP inbox. The server is configured for WF-BATCH user and when I send a test email from SO01, it is sending to the external email address properly. So what could be the reason for this issue?

Based on some suggestion, I change the office settings in SO16 as 'Send to home address of Users', and I can see the notifications are sending to the external id. But I don't think that is a correct way to fix this issue, because it is a global settings and other WF users also may get notifications, even through it is not relevant. I appreciate your valid inputs on this.

Thanks in advance.

Ellath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

michael_mulvey
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Ellath,

You can use SAP Note 496819 to change the default comm type for all users in SU01 from RML (default) to INT. Then when you send mails from workflows the "Send to home address of Users" parameter will be read and the email address maintained in SU01 will be used as default.

If you do not wish to maintain email address for all users you can use SAP note 104263 to generate email addresses in SU01.

Alternatively you can use SCOT -> Settings -> Default Domain and the email address will be generated on the fly with "sapusername<at>defaultdomain.com".

Some testing on your part might be needed otherwise SAP support will have to check your system. The correct component for this query is BC-SRV-COM or BC-BMT-WFM.

Hope this helps

Michael

former_member184495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ellath,

how are you sending the notification, is it a SendMail Step, method or running a report in background?

Since you have mentioned in your thread that you have maintained email in SU01, I presume you are sending notifications thru method/FM, where you must be fetching the email addresses depending on your process and sending notifications from the method/FM.

If yes, put a breakpoint in your FM and see whether the email addresses are properly captured.

Hope it helps.

Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this blog.

It shows u the configuration and ICM setup to send an e-mail to external address.

Regards

Indu.

former_member182468
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI ,

Mail will not be send to all WF users .Only those workflows in which you are using Send mail , mails will be sent and there's nothing wrong with that .

And moreover SCOT , SO16 , SU01 settings is the right way to send external mails through workflows.

Thanks ,

Sahiba

former_member598013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ellath,

This is basically a BASIS Issue. You please consult with the BASIS guy and tell him that there is some problem with the external Table.

Or

Tell him please check out the Transaction SCOT.

Thanks,

Chidanand

sudheer_ellath2
Explorer
0 Kudos

If it is SCOT config. issue, how it is sending email successfully if I send a test mail from SO01? More over what I noticed is, if the mails are not coming to external mail box, I couldn't see any email queue in SOST transaction also. So is it is a really SCOT transaction issue? Please let me know.

Thanks for your reply.

Ellath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check SCOT this will help you.

Regrads,

Purvesh.