Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

5 companies using same exchange rate types scenario

Dear all,

We have a currency problem for a week, and now it is really troubling our UT process not only for FICO, but also for other modules. Our project is in Indonesia. Base on Indonesia law requirement, we should use the exchange rate from the TAX office that will be maintained every week. On our project, there will be 5 companies (using 5 company codes under same client) that will be using this exchange rate. Moreover, Nagda (India) companies are also under the same client.

Base on SAP document when we are implementing in Indonesia a new exchange rate type should be use. The following is the quote:

In Customizing for SAP NetWeaver, choose General Settings ® Currencies ® Check Exchange Rate Types, and define a new exchange rate type for tax in Indonesia. Note that a single exchange rate type can be used to calculate both value-added tax (VAT) and withholding tax. On a weekly basis, you must then enter the exchange rate published by the tax office

One of the consultant decided to use M as the exchange rate for Indonesia. Some problems happen from MM and PP because they are also using G and P currencies. Since we can not change the settings for M in company code currency (transaction code OB22) and in Indonesia we need to have the exchange rate translation on the time of posting, I am asking your suggestion how we can handle this problem.

On my mind I was thinking about creating one exchange rate type for Indonesia, and assign the group currency for 5 company codes on this exchange rate type (OB22). One more suggestion, is to change directly to the document type but it might affect nagda since we are using the same client.

Your kind sugestions will be appriciated.

Best regards,

Lily

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question