Order Released with Missing Part

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Here is my issue,

In Assembly orders we are having set -up of

Material Release = 3 [No Release when Missing Parts] in

Order Checking Control [OPJK].

Even though yesterday I found one production order Released with MISSING PARTS- Any of you please guide me how come it's possible.

Here is the Example:

I having a Top level material [Header]--- ABCDEF-1

Low level items----

Low1, Low2 & Low3.

I found 2 production orders with CRTD [Created] status for ABCDEF1 due to item Low1 & Low2 missing. And a stranage order with REL [Released] status with Low3 Missing.

Please guide me Is there any other way to stop the order release , If it has missing part?

or In low level material I need to set any specific set-up to stop releasing on Missing Qty?

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

the seeting you are talking about is for which business transaction is it for 1 or 2? in OPJK?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here I am talking about the settings is

Business Process 2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

then system will create the production order and while releasing the order the function will be active. Hence during the release system must have had saficient qty and confirmed qty. After that the stock must have reduced and during next cycle of avalilability check material non availability must have happened.

Do you have avaialibility check during goods issue? If not you may face this type of problem.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhan,

Problem is Someone has change the Production Order by removing the Materials due to missing Parts.

To come out of this problems you have to use User Exit.

Following is the details for that user Exit.

- PPCO0008 Enhancement for adding and changing components

This enhancement is used to check components (for instance agains

standard parts database), which have added to or changed in an or

This check can then refuse to copy a component into the order or

replace one material number with another.

The enhancement PPCO0008 contains the following enhancement compo

Function exit

o EXIT_SAPLCOMK_006

Enhancement for adding and changing components

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

check to see if the order type for both the orders are the same...Also check whether you have maintained the settings for business process 2 (Order release) for the order type...

Also go to the order (which was released) in change mode and try to the component availability check and see the results...does it find the inventory for the component or not....

Try and revert back..

Swapnil