Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Variants- can you restrict them?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know that in finance you can control who has access to global variants by an authorization object. However, with the rest of the modules (mainly PM, MM) how do you restrict the global variants so they can not be edited?

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which variants are you talking here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps you have mistaken "variants" for "layouts" and hence "parameter IDs"??

0 Kudos

You are correct, I did have layout mixed up with Variant. I did find the solution for it though. Thank you for responding.

0 Kudos

Perhaps you would like to post your solution, so that others who use the search can benefit from it.

(please use a few technical terms like the objects and PIDs to help the search..)

I have a faint suspect that a rather lively discussion around the topic cannot be excluded...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

My user was requesting the restriction of Variants, but it was actually Layout that needed to be restricted. Although the authorization check did not pull in any authorizations, by restricting the authorization obejct s_layo_alv, it will prevent users by changing the global variant (layouts).