cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defining a Replacement Relationship and Relatonship Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am just beginning to use the Relationship options in Data Manager (we are on 5.5.63.57) I have followed the Data Manager guide, and have been able to create Substitute and Related item relationships. But, whenever I try to create a relationship, the Relationship box that pops up is titled "Relationships for Vendor Name...". Is there way to make the relationships centered around a Product ID? I am using the product repository provided by SAP, with some customized fields.

Also, is there a way to create a replacement type relationship? To my customers, a replacement is different than a substitute.

Thank you,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you to both Nisha and Jitesh. Your answers have been very helpful so far, and I have now been able to get the Relationships referred to by the Product ID instead of Vendor Name. I have also been able to create a Replacement relationship.

But, the new Replacement relationship is not showing in the MDM UI, like the Related Items and Substitute items do. For example, if I say Item B is a substitute for Item A, and the I look up Item A in my MDM/SRM catalog via the web, I will see a Substitute Items tab on the details page for Item A. But, when I create the replacement Item relationship between Item B and Item A, there is no replacement tab on the detail page for Item A. Would this require custom coding to get a Replacement tab to appear? Or is it something that just can not be done at this time.

Thank you,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1)for you 1st question change the display field to product ID

2)to create a Replacement relationship.Go to console-Repository-select Relationship table .Then Right click-Add new Relationship-Replacement-Select the type as Sibling or parent child as per ur requirement.Load repository.

you can also refer

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e001fc23-704e-2b10-7092-86e574e2...

Regards

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Select the Repository in MDM Console Unload it and select the main table Products (in your case) from the right pane i.e. Tables, navigate to Display fields and select Product Id only remove rest of the fields. Load the repository with Update Indices and check the heading of Relationship window in Data Manager it should be Product Id.

To answer your second question as you know we have only two type of relationships viz. Parent/Child and Sibling so you need to adjust your requirement using these types only.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja