cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formulas for calculating withholding tax.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to know if it's possible to change the format of the WhldTax colunm in the transaction SPRO in order to set a withholding tax rate of 100%?

If not, please let me know if there is another way to set this rate as a formula?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is my issue. I can't submit numbers with three digits when I define a WHT formula. For example 100 in the following path: transaction SPRO - Finalcial Accounting - Finalcial Accounting Global Settings - Withholding Tax - Extended Withholding Tax - Calculation - Withholding Tax Codes - Define Formulas for Calculating Withholding Tax.

Choose any country and any item and if you try to change the field WhldTax for 100%, the system displays "Entry too long (enter in the format __,__)"

Do you know how can I set a 100% of rate in this area?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi HP,

I presume it to be puncuation error please give it as 100,00 and try. dont give percentage symbol at the end.

Thanks & Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I set it as 100,00 and the system shows the error that I told you before, the problem its not the puncuation, it's more like the format of this field. And I didn't give percentage symbol at the end.

This field only admit two number, comma, and two decimal, I can't set 100,00, only 99,99. But this its not that I want to set.

What can I do? Exist any way to change the masks of this field?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you attempting to set levels of rates? If you are not, then look at the detail config under the tax code rather than the calculation. In the tax code (one level) settings the percentage tax is a 7 digit decimal (xxx.xxxx) rather than the 4 digit decimal in the calculation area.

Transaction SPRO - Financial Accounting - Financial Accounting Global Settings - Withholding Tax - Extended Withholding Tax - Calculation - Withholding Tax Codes - Define Withholding Tax Codes

Enter the country key, Identify the line you wish to edit, display the details and look for the area of the window that is titled "calculation". You can enter the percentage or the fraction associated with the calculation. This will allow you to enter 100% or 1/1. Leave the check box unchecked. (If you check it, this type/code combination will look to the calculation table for it's figures.

Regards,

Jay

Edited by: Jay Young on Oct 21, 2008 10:57 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know that in this path: Transaction SPRO - Financial Accounting - Financial Accounting Global Settings - Withholding Tax - Extended Withholding Tax - Calculation - Withholding Tax Codes - Define Withholding Tax Codes, I can set a 100,00 of rate, but I need set it in SPRO - Finalcial Accounting - Finalcial Accounting Global Settings - Withholding Tax - Extended Withholding Tax - Calculation - Withholding Tax Codes - Define Formulas for Calculating Withholding Tax as a formula.

Do you know if is posible to change the mask of the WhldTax field in this area?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are levels of tax required by different percentages? or do you have only one level?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it is. All Tax levels requires different tax rates, one of them is 100% and the other one is 80%.

Former Member
0 Kudos

define Formulas for calculating withholding tax.means here besed on the based on the wht type

i.e weather invoice postings or payment postings

if u have maintained two formulas there u need to apply those here.

These formulas consist of:

Currency key

Withholding tax type

Withholding tax code

Withholding tax country key

Validity date

sumathi