cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP User Creation from Identity Center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I am trying to create a user in ABAP system from the Identity Center. I use the SAP Provisioning Framework for this task createabapuser. When i run the job, only said READY TO RUN but it does not do anything. I check the dispatcher and also that the task and job are enabled.

Using NW IdM SP2 patch 2.

Any clue, did someone have this issue solved.

Thanks

Víctor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Victor,

Have you taken a look in the Job log? Also I know you specified a dispatcher, but is it running? If it's not running, take a look at your Java Settings. Try running the dispatcher in TEST mode to see what's going on.

I'm betting your dispatcher is not running and possibly not configured correctly.

It's happened to me more than once...

Cheers,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matthew.

I check the job, dispatcher and the java settings. I am using the same dispatcher with other jobs and it works.

I check the log file and this is what it's catching.

putNextEntry failed storingh7654321

Exception from Add operation:com.sap.idm.ic.ToPassException: Password is not long enough (minimum length: 8 characters)

Exception from Modify operation:com.sap.idm.ic.ToPassException: User H7654321 does not exist Internal error: FM SUSR_USER_READ, exception: 1 Inconsistency with address

Do you have any example that you could share with me i follow the configuration guide but i can not find something else.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Victor,

how long is your password?

According to the exception it should be at least 8 characters long.

If you want to change the minimum length go to the "Password policy" tab of the corresponding identity store and set it there to whatever you want.

To which values are the minimum and maximum length set?

Best regards

Dominik

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys, thank you for your help. I managed to solved the problem regarding the password length for testing purpose i set a 8 characters password and it solved the problem.

I figured out that the job must be in provision mode to use it throw the web interface.

Now, i can provisiong, modify and delete abap users.

Thank you for your help Matt and Dominik

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Victor

can you share with me your solution.

I too have the same error when i try to create user from Workflow.

putNextEntry failed storingtest2

Exception from Add operation:com.sap.idm.ic.ToPassException: Password is not long enough (minimum length: 6 characters)

Exception from Modify operation:com.sap.idm.ic.ToPassException: User TEST2 does not exist Password is not long enough (minimum length: 6 characters) Internal error: FM SUSR_USER_READ, exception: 1 Inconsistency with address

regarda