cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded kernel info not showing in System info page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have upgraded our EP 7.0 from SP11 to SP 15 with kernel 146, all the components are showing up fine after the upgrade means SP level SP15 , but kernel still showing the same old kernel info in the system info page.

I have checked from the OS it's 146 there, i have checked at the VA also it's also showing old kernel info.

I have tried changing the mode of SDM to integrade and systemcomponents to active still same result.

Please suggest ..

Thanks,

Subhash.G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

how you have upgraded the kernel?

did you used JSPM? EP7 we have to use JSPM, please follow http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/25/c45b4211aac353e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

R3trans -v showing the laters kernel info 146 and we have applied the stacks thru JSPM , but i had not upgraded the kernel. We haev manually done the kernel upgrade....

Thanks,

Subhash.G

0 Kudos

Hi,

SDM deals only with Java components, so it has nothing to do with the Kernel.

To update the Kernel

1. Stop the system

2. Extract SAPEXE.SAR & SAPEXEDB.SAR in the directory pointed by DIR_CT_RUN profile parameter, this is usually SYS/exe/[n]uc/<platform>

3. Start the system

Make sure you extract the correct archives for your OS and DB.

Different instances of your system might user different Kernels - UNICODE/NONUNICODE or different OS.

Make sure to update all Kernels to same patch level.

Normally the system is setup to replicate Kernel binaries from the central file system (DIR_CT_RUN) to instance local directory (DIR_EXECUTABLE) via sapcpe. This happens during system startup (you can find sapcpe in START profiles). The instance starts the executables from DIR_EXECUTABLE (<instance>/exe) directory.

Best regards,

Petar

JSPM

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

run one "R3trans -version"

what patch level it shows..?

If it shows the old version, I think you've to cross check if the latest kernel files you've put in the correct place or not..

lets know if it works.

Regards,

Debasis

Edited by: Debasis Sahoo on Oct 18, 2008 3:11 AM