cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is possible to Pick files based on the time stamp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

is this possible to pick the files based on timestap...

in my scenario for evry sec they are loading the file so based upon the time stamp i ahve to pick up the file ... i am using NFS ...

S V

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Requirment is quiet not that much clear , but well it all depends , what is validation for the time stamp ??? to be picked is there any.

If it is any of special case we can put it in the File Adapter Configuration\

if any thing dynamic Adapter Module has to be developed for sure

regards

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My requirement is very simple .. suppose i have 10 file in the folder and i want to pick up the file using the sender adapter based on time it has been crated basically ( first in first our ) approach...

Is this possible using the file sender adapter..

S V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can write your own adapter module and then pickup file as per requirement.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SV

There is one more standard way

Try may be that help for your requirement

In sender adapter you have Processing Sequence (for transport protocol File System (NFS))

If you used placeholders when specifying the file name, define the processing sequence of the files:

Use By Date: Files are processed according to their time stamp in the file system, starting with the oldest file.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not using any place holder when defining the file name ...I will try with the Proceesing Sequence : by date ...

If i use the processing sequence by date it will pick up the file using the time stamp ( YYYYMMDDHHMMSS) ?

Edited by: S V on Oct 21, 2008 1:26 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

yes but this time stamp is suppose to be the time when it is created at file system. Give it a try and see how far this can help you.

Proper solution for typical solutions like this is adapter modules.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SV

if i understand correct you want to pick files based on the timestamp it is posted.

Do you want to send files to different location based on timestamp or something like that?

Well if you have file TestYYYYMMDDHH:MM:SS and the value for YYYYMMDDHH:MM:SS you need to check for picking the file then you need to write the adapter module for this.

Look at this module

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/different%2bways%2bto%2bkeep%2byour%2binterfac...

What you need to do is modify this code and check for the date ranges. Date range you can keep in file that can be easily maintained. Then file adapter will pick file based on the time stamp and do the operation you want.

Thanks

Gaurav

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the file name format is proper, you can set the adapter to process the files based on name so that they are always processed as pert the timestamp appended to the file name.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using the file sender adapter... my file format is TestYYYYMMDDHH:MM:SS. so i have to pick up the file based upon the time stamp ...

S V

Former Member
0 Kudos

SV,

You want to pick up the file in the order it is created? I mean sorted by date and time?

So you will be archiving file after processing?

Nilesh