Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance on Ztransaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have a performance related issue regarding the Ztransaction i created which saves the notifications in the background using call transaction method(BDC) upon clicking save in the lastscreen.

so the whole data and validations are occur only before saving the transaction.

Sometimes it saves only in couple seconds and sometimes it takes minutes upto 20-30 min.

I know its not the program performance issue coz if it is a program issue it will take more time always i try to save...

I already did the extended check(SLIN) and there are no errors.

Can anybody suggest me where to start to checking this issue to fix apart from the program point of view?

do i need to check any kind of data locks and background jobs at the same time?

Please suggest me with the issue...

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does the longer execution time occur when the transaction hasn't been executed in a while (say early in the day)? Some standard SAP transactions are very slow the first time they are executed in a while.

Rob

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First of all you need to check where's the performance problem. You can do this in the [performance analysis|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/00/e0a73e5b7a424de10000000a114084/frameset.htm] and [The ABAP Runtime Trace (SE30) - Quick and Easy|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/7769] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];.

You can find helpful information about performance in this blog [Performance of Nested Loops|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/7769] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does the longer execution time occur when the transaction hasn't been executed in a while (say early in the day)? Some standard SAP transactions are very slow the first time they are executed in a while.

Rob

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply

It happens even after the several runs..since i control till i provide the data to the BDC of std transaction ..there is no control unless i get the error while processing.

Iam very sure and i saw its executed in 2 sec too.

Please let me know if ST05 or SE30 are the only solutions for this.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Have you looked for performance notes for your SAP transaction?

Rob

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply

where to look for performance notes for your SAP transaction?

By the way iam using Z transaction and saving entries thru SAP transaction using BDC call transaction

Tcodes iam using in BDC are IW31 and IW51

Thanks

0 Kudos

are you using update 'S' in your call transaction call? if yes remove that

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply

You mean to say to remove 'S' and put only call transaction without update mode?

If i use update mode what would be the value Synchronous or Asynchronous?

Example :

Call transaction 'XXXX' using bdcdata

without Update mode? or Use update mode 'A'

Please let me know

Thanks

0 Kudos

use update 'A'. using 'S' is going to slow it down as then it will wait for all update tasks to finish

0 Kudos

HI

I will try this with update mode 'A' and assign full points ans close the question.

Thanks