cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I capture user input in my web application (asp.net/c#) ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks, I have a report that has a input paramter named "AccountKey". Crystal report launches its own input parameter capture screen where user can type in the AccountKey value and hit OK button. Subsequently the crystal report gets renedred in crystal report viewer.

I have a requirement of rendering the report in PDF not in crystal report. How do I do that.

I am able to do that when there is no user input needed in the crystal report or, if I can somehow supply needed input from code-behind, but the moment I has a parameter that expects user-input I loose control.

Is there anyway I can capture what value user has entered in Crystal Report Input paramagter capture form? or, any alternate that can help me acheive the result?

Thanks.

Edited by: Prashant Mittal on Oct 17, 2008 9:19 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Please re-post if this is still an issue to the .NET Development - Crystal Reports Forum or purchase a case and have a dedicated support engineer work with you directly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant

Since this question is related to asp.net ,I would suggest you to post it in the Business Objects SDK Application Development - > .NET Development - Crystal Reports forum.

We have highly skilled engineers in .NET who monitor the .NET forum and hence you can get a quick and satisfactory reply to your questions on that forum.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Soni

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did post in other forum. Thx.

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The best way to do this is to have a text box or listbox on a form that the users can enter the values for the parameter. This will allow you to capture what they enter and you can pass the values to the parameter in the report.

Good luck,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure, that is one of the option I will work on but this will probbaly require me to have a dynamically generated page because we do not what type of parameter and how many user has defined in crystal report.

But I was wonderign there shodul be some way to either 1) be able to capture the user input (out of crystal report form) or, 2) do something that renders pdf document directly rather than usual crytal report.

Thanks.