cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define multiple Queue in SPAM Netweaver 7.0 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basis Exper,

Please advise how to add multple queue in SPAM so i can leave it running until all the Support Package imported without i have to do it one after the others manually.

because i need to do remotely, and there are 7 SP i have to import.

Thank You and Best Regards

Fernand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernand,

I do this: First I am in spam and load each package, either from frontend or application server.

Then go into the box, labeled directory, go as display into "new support packages".

Spam will activly help you here. Pick one of the support packages and expand the tree structure to see prerequisites. Decide which makes sense to load at one time. (i always do basis by itself). So if you have several basis sp's ready pick the highest one. So, for example, highlight the highest basis package and then select the button "queue". It will show you the sp's that can be included. You can exit or use the suggested queue.

There is not a way to allow you to pick only the ones you want, but by playing around here you can get close. If you select a queue but decide you don't want it, then back to the main screen in spam, go into display/define and it will allow you to delete the queue.

When running the support packages you have a chance to change the start options. You can run the queue in a background job. This can be necessary if the dialog job might timeout. The problem is that you need to keep watch anyway because things will stop for SPDD or SPAU, and sit there waiting for you to refresh the screen.

Good luck.

Pat

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP recommends to apply Stack rather than single patch. you can put one stack in one go. no need manual input.

i think (never tried) you can schedule multiple jobs for multiple spam queue and define job successor for next job as previous job, so the job will not fail due to missing pre-requisite checks.

cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi vamshi,

how to define multiple queue because i always got message queue not empty, when i am trying to define another file for queue ?

Best Regards

Fernand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are trying to apply the packages for the same software components right or even for different components, as you have already defined the queue,it will now allow you to define an another queue,

Infact you can not define multiple queues. Rather in the same queue you can define multiple software component patches.

So You just delete the queue which you have defined and redefine with all the SPs you want to implement.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can uncar all the files at a time and define the queue atonce no need for doing it one by one.

Make sure you dont miss any dependent package.

Regards,

Vamshi.