Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do the F1 Documentation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I added a field in the screen painter and I want to add some information when the user clicks on F1 on the field just like any other SAP standard fields.

How to do this kind of documentation.

Please help me out on this, your help will be appreaciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Praveen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Have you made it or any issues?

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

See these:

[Field help|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/9f/dbad0435c111d1829f0000e829fbfe/frameset.htm]

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow this thread

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Just follow the navigation that i have shown to create the F1 help for a field created.

Keep the cursor the field that you want to create->press F1->from left in the menu fifth button you can see EDIT documentation click this->opens maintain documentation window->press enter->Goto menu bar inthat GOTO-> change Editor. type the content you want to add->save.

Come back and run the transaction once again and press F1 you will get the F1 text you have created.

Hope my answer helps you.

Cheers!!

Balu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Have you made it or any issues?

0 Kudos

Hi Balu,

Thanks for your reply, I did exactly mentioned by you but in the last step its asking for the package name , what ever package I give its giving error message.

Thanks,

Praveen

0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Same procedure i have posted many times its working fine.

Any how first of all it will not ask any package while saving, wise when you click save it automatically saves without asking any package..when the data is saved message will be displayed saying Document is stored in raw version. Check once again the steps.

In the Maintain Documentation pop screen make sure radiobutton Data element is checked and check box Assign automatically.

Still any issues revert me back.

Cheers!!

Balu

0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

After saving please check and activate these two options will be present in the application tool bar.

Let me further if any issues.

Cheers!!

Balu.

0 Kudos

Thanks Balu,

I solved my problem, Thanks so much.

Regards,

Praveen