Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to retain the values in the screen fields in SE51

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I added term begin date to the sales order item addiitonal data tab B, which is SAPMV45A screen 8459 and I did the module for validation.

But when I enter selceted the date and press enter the validation code is working fine but the date from this field is disappearing, how to retain this value.

Please help me out on this.

Thanks in Advance,

Praveen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

You should first link this screen field to a variable in your program. If you use the same name you dont have to worry. It will automatically be passed to the screen back.

if the program variable name is different from the screen field name, then you have to do the following

In PAI - pass the value from the screen to the program vairbale.

In PBO - pass the value from the program variable back to the screen

MGS.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you create a variable to store it in the program? You need to create an variable with the same name of the screen field to retain the value in the program.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Praveen,

You should first link this screen field to a variable in your program. If you use the same name you dont have to worry. It will automatically be passed to the screen back.

if the program variable name is different from the screen field name, then you have to do the following

In PAI - pass the value from the screen to the program vairbale.

In PBO - pass the value from the program variable back to the screen

MGS.