Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short dump while maintaining a database table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP experts,

I have created a ZTABLE and a maintenance view for that.We have been maintaining the table since long.Today I opened the maintanence view( SM30) for that table.I clicked on the maintain button and went inside.I did slide the columns for the sake of my convineince .But when I clicked on the back button to come out,it suddenly gave me a dump.When I saw the dump analysis ,it has the following error analysis.

Error analysis:

Inconsistency with structure length of Dictionary structure "ZTABLE".

An inconsistency was discovered when the description of data type "ZTABLE" was accessed: According to the ABAP load, the structure should have been

279 bytes long, according to information from the ABAP Dictionary at runtime, the structure is actually 304 bytes long.

This situation may arise from changes being made to the structure at program runtime.

Please someone explain why the dump has come in detail.

Regards,

Rajesh.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Seems that the table structure was changed and the maintenance view wasn't updated.

Try to generate the maintenance view again.

Regards.

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

mostly there some changes happened in between. but those changes are not reflected for table maintenance. inorder to remove the dump, regenerate the Tablemaintenance again. make sure there is any events implemented, if so take the backup before regenerating, after that you add the code again.