Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal - BSP SSO Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello BSP Experts!

I have a situation with the follow scenario:

[See the Scenario Here|http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/brancha/SAP/portal.jpg]

1. We have a portal (7.0 SP15) where there's a link to a BSP app.

2. The Portal and the BSP AS are configured for SSO.

3. The user clicks on the Portal link and opens a new browser window showing the BSP page, SSO works fine (no further authentication required).

4. From that BSP page (PAGE 1 LEVEL 1), the user have 4 links, all of them to another BSP applications (I call them LEVEL 2 on the picture).

Here comes the problem: if the user closes any of those (LEVEL 2) windows, the parent window (PAGE LEVEL 1) loses the connection to the BI (SSO Ticket get deleted??). This can be verified by trying to open another LEVEL 2 Page (any of them); the login pop-up windows appears asking for BI authentication.....

Is there a way to close the BSP browser window and DO NOT destroy the session (or connection, cookie, not sure how to name it) so that the user does not need to re-type the logon info??

Please, I apologise in advance, as I'm not a BSP programmer, just got this problem on my hands that need to be solved. I have searched the forums but haven't found any case like mine.

Best Regards,

Paulo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is the level 2 pages are opened in a separate browser window?

if yes while closing those windows, it will destroy the session details.

why not try this design approach.

when clickin the links in level one open the level 2 pages in the same window in a frame or iframe, that way user will not have an option to close the window.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raja,

yes, that could be a solution.

I just thought that BSP would have a way, maybe on a hook method like onDestroy, to override the session invalidation...

Thank you,

Regards,

Paulo.

Answers (0)