cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make-Data Can't be Chagd-cell look disabled/protected IP BExAnalyzer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have an IP application that need to be built in BEx Analyzer as a workbook.

In the input ready query there are certain rows and columns / certain cells that are configured for 'Data Cannot be Changed' in the 'Planning' tab properties.

The query when executed in web, it does show the cells greyed out and disabled so that the user is immediately aware that he should not and cannot enter data in those cells.

The same thing when executed in BEx analyzer does not give the same feature. How to achieve the same thing or similar thing in BEx Analyzer application for cells that are configured for 'Data cannot be changed'?

In workbooks for IP queries, I see a different color border and also the data does not stay when written in the 'Data cnnot be changed' cells and saved. But is there a better way to do this and we have to use BEx workbooks only and we cannot go to web due to some policies of the company.

Thanks in advance,

- Shashi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The properties of these cells should be set to protected or cannot be changed and you should protect the workbook using password.

This will lead to users getting an error message if they try to change the content of any protected cell.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mayank,

In the execution mode of the workbook, I went to format-->style of the cells that I wanted to protect and changed the pattern to inlcude a grey color and made it protected.

Now, the cells look greyed out. That's good but at the same time checking 'Protection' did not do anything. Also, where do I go to set the password?

6 points awarded.

Thanks,

- Shashi

former_member93896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shashi,

You are on the right track. Input cells have a different style than the rest (SAPBEXinputData). Cell locking is activated when you protect the sheet using standard Excel: Tools > Protection > Protect Sheet.

Regards,

Marc

SAP NetWeaver RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shashi,

You can password protect the workbook as Marc has explained. Or you can also go to the 'Workbook Properties' to do it.