cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material variant and Nested KMAT

Former Member
0 Kudos

When a header material is a variant (FERT), it can be linked to a Superbom using CS40.

A superBom is a Kmat bom.

A nested KMAT is a KMAT used as a configurable component in a superbom.

On a KMAT in KMAT scenario, both configuration profile are executed which is fine!

On a KMAT in Material Variant scenario, the configuration profile of the KMAT is not executed.

On the top level, since we use the Type-matching, we have a working bom when we remain with the KMAT. If the kmat has a variant, the bom becomes inconsistent.

In order to build inventoty on the variant, a planned order must be able to have a resulting bom that execute configuration on every level...

Any ideas on how to proceed?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

He meant that material variant not exploded multilevel BOM if this multilevel BOM  Contains another configurable material . I will try the user exit that he mentioned

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Configuration profile is not executed, Not able to Understand, As Rajesh said, Please elobarate with example.

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is very hard to understand the question..can you give an example and explain?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here an example:

KMAT 1 is a Nightstand (Class CLNIGHTSTANT)

KMAT 2 is the Nightstand top (part) (Class CLTOP)

On KMAT 2 configuration profile I have a multi-level procedure PRC01 = $self.color = $root.color.

SO On Kmat1 when choosing color "Hard maple" , Kmat2 (top).color = Hard maple as well...

This way we would like to give KMAT2 his own configuration in order to eventually print shop papers.

So far so good...

After,

We decided to Fert some of the KMAT1 configuration in order to stock them. I.e. Nightstant color "Pine"

This fert was assigned to KMAT1 Superbom using trx CS40

For a reason that I don't know, when we want to replenish FERT1 inventory (MD11) the superbom is not exploded correctly. KMAT2 procedures are not executed, so KMAt 2 superbom is not exploded...

Question --> what needs to be done for the KMAT2 to execute the procedure PRC01

Here's an exemple of the BOM

HEADER:

KMAT1: Configurable nightstand

CHAR: color

CHAR: flag

Constraint on configuration profile: If DUMMY KMAT QTY <=2 THEN SET FLAG = X

BOM COMPONENT

HALB1: White top : Sc. If color eq white

HALB2: Brown top: Sc. If color = brown

HALBs............

DUMMY KMAT: --> Procedure: QTY = $count parts ($parent)

KMAT2: configurable top: PROC01: = $self.color = $root.color. (on configuration profile)

: SC.on bom: If $root.flag = X

This example is a simplified version of reality

I hope it makes it clearer...

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the benefit of all,

My problem was solved using the SAP enhancement CCUXMVAR.

See note 211898

Material Variants are single level configuration only. You have to create a user exit to specify otherwise.

Thanks for your input.