cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to execute an ABAP Mapping after a Java Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i have found a Bug in XI and SAP said to me that the only solution is to execute an ABAP mapping after my java mapping.

I have an IDOC to FILE scenario

Could anyone orient me on what do i have to configure, so after my java mapping i can execute an abap mapping ?.

Do i have to use process integration?

thanks

Mariano.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you define your Interface mapping. Add your Java Mapping and then the Abap Mapping from the drop down, when you read the interface in the order you want to execute the mapping.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can add Java mapping and ABAP mapping in Interface mapping in sequence.

The target generated by Java mapping will be passed to ABAP mapping.

Refer this for ABAP mapping

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/media/uuid/06114a70-0701-0010-5db6-93dbadaed3...

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mariano,

Can you pls. provide more details about your rek. I mean why you need to call abap as well as java mapping?

You can call them one after other in Interface Message ( Java and then Abap) and should not be a problem.

Let us know more about your rek.

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have developed a Java mapping originally, but XI has a bug. When you do not write anything to the outputStream XI instead of writing an emtpy file writes a file containing one byte ( 0x00 ) and this is a problem.

SAP said to me that they will not fix this issue so they recomend me to create an abap mapping after my java mapping that will send no information if it receives this byte (0x00) and if not it will write all the information as received.

My doubt regarding putting several mappings in the interface mapping configuration is this...

Actual configuration:

SOURCE MSG A -> ORIGINAL MAPPING -> TARGET MSG B

Proposed configuration

SOURCE. MSG A -> ORIGINAL MAPPING -> TARGET MSG B

SOURCE. MSG A -> PATCH MAPPING -> TARGET MSG B

I dont understand what receives de "patch mapping" it receives the structure from TARGET MSG B?

regards

mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. You are correct.

Mapping "patch mapping" will receives the structure from TARGET MSG B.

Let me check the java mapping...I has used java mapping few days back to create file.

I'm still wondering whether calling abap mapping after java mapping will solve your prrblem.

How are you creating/ writing file? Is code is written inside java mapping to create file?

Nilesh

Edited by: Nilesh Kshirsagar on Oct 17, 2008 4:25 PM