cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workbook layout Vs the actaul query layout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

A workbook forwarded by a user has a different layout than the actual query definition behind it. How is this possible.

I found the query technical name for the workbook and checked its query definition. Both are different(query layout and the workbook layout)

Also, when I refresh the workbook, it is not coming with the same layout as the user forwarded workbook, but it is coming with the actual query definition layout.

I don't understand, how come the user gets a different layout and I get something else?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Simmi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Brian..I guess I am still lost. Now, there can be different workbooks of the same query, right?

Eg: WB1(f2;f4;f5);

WB2(f1;f5;f6);

WB3(f4;f7;f8)

of the same query Q1(layout has f1;f3;f5) but the table on which the query is based has all the fileds of Q1;WB1;WB2 and WB3

Now, when I refresh WB1, I should get the result det as f2;f4;f5 (same format as WB1) right? but, instead, I am getting the result set as Q1(f1;f3;f5)

Why is this?

Thanks

Simmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the query was updated, then the workbook will not have the updates unless you reinsert the query into the workbook.

In other words, think of it as two versions of the same query. You create the query in version 1, insert it into the workbook, then save the workbook. If someone else changes the query to version 2, the workbook will not be automatically updated to version 2 (it will still have version 1).

So, your user is probably working with version 1, you got the workbook, looked at the query and reinserted it (updating it to version 2).

Just my guess of what happened.

If you both open the same workbook and see different things, then you have a much larger issue on your hands.

Brian