cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fork using triggering event as a condition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm working on a workflow that can be triggered by 2 events I want to use the triggering event name as a fork condition.

I'm having trouble passing the event name and using it.

I created a container variable EventName referenced to HRS1212-EVENT and added it to binding from event to workflow and from workflow to a sent-mail task.

Any help will greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Stas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

How are you passing the EVENTNAME , I mean are you passing from a program then if this is the case then follow the below steps.

1. Call the Fm EWW_WORKFLOW_START to this Fm pass the TASK number and by using the MACRO

SWC_SET_ELEMENT

For the above macro we need to pass three parameters

a) Container name

b) Field NAME in your case it is 'EventName' this name should be same as the name that you have declared in the Task container.

c) Value now you want to pass the Event name like CREATE or DISPLAY this value should be stored in a variable and finally it will be like the below statement

SWC_SET_ELEMENT t_container 'EventName' eventvalue.

now your task container element 'EventName' will have the value that you have passed through the program.

Regards

Pavan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

I got it working somehow. Must have missed a check box or something.

Regards,

Stas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was actually hoping to do it through binding... passing the &_EVT_NAME& from the event to &EVENTNAME& i created in the workflow container

Former Member
0 Kudos

check in the WF log whether the EVENTNAME element of the WF container is getting any value.

if EVENTNAME is not getting populated then check its import and export properties. Both the properties should be checked(ticked).