Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CM34 Dispatching

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know of a user exit, workflow event, badi, ANYTHING I can use to do a material availability check during the dispatch in CM34?

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lamont.

I would like to suggest my opinion,

We do have a method like "existence check" in any standard business object (BOR) for checking the availability or it's existence.

The best way I think would be :

1. Switch On event trace "SWELS" transaction.

2. Run the transaction CM34.

3. Switch OFF the trace.

4. Check out the EVENT TRACE LOG in transaction "SWEL".

You will find the business object triggered for a particular action performed on that transaction.

Check out that business object and it's methods or events.

I suggest this as the best possible way.

If you are done with this option then that's good or else give feedback.

Good Luck & Regards,

Harsh Dave

0 Kudos

I tried this earlier and again after your reply. The log shows nothing in response to this transaction.

0 Kudos

Hello Lamont,

Thanks for your feedback.

Basically, there are two ways which I feel are the best in knowing the business object for a particular transaction,

1. Which you have earlier tried out (Event trace). I hope that transaction should trigger some event atleast or at least the business object name. Try some other operations on the transaction...and then you can figure out.

If that doesn't work out then,

2. Find a BAPI for it or if you want in terms on business object and their methods check out transaction BAPI under the area of the CM34 transaction (Levelling...) and there you will atleast get the business object.

Then rest the methods can be found or if possible created too.

Hope this works out well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No solution