CO Document types
Can you please tell me what is the CO Document types with example and how to assign no ranges to the CO document types.
Ratnakar Venkat replied
Maintain Number Ranges for Controlling Documents
In this IMG activity you create number ranges for business transactions in Controlling or change existing settings.
For every posting in CO the SAP System generates a numbered document. The document numbers are unique to each controlling area, since each number is assigned only once.
In CO, there are no legal requirements for a continuous assignment of document numbers. To improve performance, after each restart of an application server, a maximum of 100 document numbers for each number range are not assigned.
Every transaction that you carry out on the controlling area level has to be assigned to a number range group.
A number range group, in turn, includes two document number intervals:
An internal interval for all documents to which the user did not explicitly assign a document number;
An external interval for all documents where the document numbers were assigned by the user, or which are brought into the SAP system from a non-SAP system (for example, through batch input) and the original document numbers are to be retained.
If no external document number is given during posting, the SAP system uses the next open number from the internal number interval of the transaction it belongs to.
You have system authorization for maintaining number ranges. (authorization object S_NUMBER).
Complete the IMG activity Maintain Controlling Area.
You define the document number range in CO independently from the fiscal year.
The SAP System includes standard assignments for controlling area 0001. You can copy these assignments to other controlling areas. You need to maintain the number range groups only if you require other assignments or other number range groups.
1. SAP recommends that you create separate document number ranges for plan and actual cost transactions so that, when reorganization programs run separately for plan and actual data, the number ranges can also be reset separately.
2. For transactions seldom used, such as repostings at period-end closing, you should not create individual number range groups. Otherwise, note that no more than 100 document numbers are assigned for system performance reasons on each day that such a transaction is started.
3. If you work with several controlling areas which are to use the same number range intervals, it is easiest to carry out the definition for one controlling area only. Choose Copy to transfer your settings to other controlling areas.
1. Check whether the standard settings for controlling area 0001 satisfy your requirements.
If you are not going to work with controlling area 0001, you can transfer the number ranges to your controlling area by choosing Copy.
2. If necessary, create new number range groups.
3. Maintain the respective number intervals for the number range groups you created.
Ensure that the number intervals do not overlap with those of other groups.
4. Assign the business transactions that you wish to use to the respective number range groups.
For settlement documents you have different t.code for number ranges.