Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST05 doesn't work : can't open trace file

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am used to work with ST05 for years, but today, the trace DOESN'T WORK !! The trace activation and deactivation seem okay, but display triggers the following 2 errors : "File end of performance trace file detected -> See long text" (message 0S161), and "Could not open performance trace file" (message 0S113). I deleted all trace files in ST01, and tried again, but still the same errors.

I couldn't find anything in sap forums, notes, etc. Sometimes, it may work again, but only for a few seconds. Strange. Maybe disk full? Or memory? (buffers are undersized, total memory is 1GB)

But remember: it was working with the roughly same config since the beginning.

Any ideas?

Thx a lot.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check the long texts for these messages? They may help.

Rob

0 Kudos

Only for 0s161. It says to close or to create new trace files with ST05, it's what I did. But it doesn't work better. I guess it's an exceptional problem. OS is linux. Maybe restart oracle + sap will help.

0 Kudos

I had the problem again. It seems that log off and on solves it.

0 Kudos

Some traces are server specific (the server on which the trace is recorded and the server on which the trace file is created.

This might explain the problem (logged onto the wrong server...).

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When i used ST05 even i am geeting the same error - Message no. 0S113 . I tried to log in again but it continues to give the message .

Can any one help me on this.

Regrads,

Gana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandra - you didn't follow up!!

Rob

0 Kudos

@Rob, how do you know? 😄 (sorry but I must cleanup my history of watches (of my own threads too) because it's impossible to display the watch page (so that to turn forums watch off, allow being watched config , etc.) when there are too many thread watches)

@Gana, maybe: ask the server to be restarted... and ask the admins to see if there are disk or network issues...