cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reserving the sales order stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

The requirement from client is that they want to reserve the existing stock for a specific sales order,with result of that the same stock cannot be issued against any other sales order.Pls suggest the steps to do the same.

Regards,

AKD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In MTO scenario, the stock which is produced against a sale order line item will be reserved for that particular order item and cannot be dispatched against any other sale order.

In MTS scenario, stock is reserved for the sale orders on first come first serve basis. The schedule line category and requirement class should allow transfer of requirements.

Regards,

GSL.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear AKD

Some of the options are

- Create a delivery against that order and save without doing PGI, thus the stock would be reserved for that order and cannot be diverted unless the delivery is deleted

- In OVZ9, select the box for "Include sales reqmts" but by doing this, irrespective of customer class (like top customers who give business in large volume), as and when order is generated, stock will be allocated to that order

- Go to MB1B, input Movement Type 412E, Plant, Storage location and execute. There give the sale order against which you would like to reserve the stock and proceed.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the post. Of the 3 options you outlined, I think the second one 'include sales reqts' is a 'soft' allocation of stock. The requirements I hear a lot from people is to force a 'hard' allocation such that the stock can be promised to the customer without risk of being consumed elsewhere. In terms of security of stock, I would say the 3rd option is lowest risk, then first option and then last, least secure method would be option 2 (atp config).

What do you think of using separate storage locations?

- Roberto

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I forget to include in my original post that the second option would not be safe in a situation where multiple sales persons creates sale order from different place. In this case, the stock allocation would not genuine due to the fact, irrespective of orders on hand, sales persons will create sale order and reserve the stock. This cannot be diverted to subsequent orders unless, the order is deleted which again leads to complication. If the sale order generation is taking from only one place, then this option can be adopted.

But for me the best option would be third which again should be given to the authorised person who is looking after overall sales force. This can be achieved with the help of basis who can give authorization only to a specific user for accessing MB1B.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Issue here is that the requirement should reserve the stock automatically from the sales order and not have to manually go and do MB1B with a 412E.

Surely SAP provides a configuration settings where you can place a sales order and it reserves stock (like doing a manual 412E) at Order creation??

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

pls prepare a sales order for whom you want to sell in the future and note down the order no

Go to T code MB1B select movement type 412E and input all details

In This case what happens is suppose in your storage location if you have 100 qty of material X is there and if you have a sales order say order no 20 for any important customer and all these 100 nos will be reserved for this order no 20

Inbetween if you register any other order say 21 during availability check itself during order creation the system will say stocks are not there if availability check is configured properly in OVZ9

Even otherwise also the second order will go upto delivery picking but PGI will not happen as unrestricted stocks will not be there

This is only in case of wrong configuration of availability check

The stocks are reserved for this sales order 20

This should meet your requirement

Pls work on the same and keep me posted of the outcome

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Oct 17, 2008 11:55 PM