cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Dictionary 8.5 and CR XI R2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We're converting our reports CR 8.5 to CR XI R2. But, we've C Dictionaries 8.0.0 (crw32 8.0.0.7) containing only queries.

If we convert our reports to XI version, is there a new version of C Dictionaries ? If there's a new C Dictionaries, can we only convert reports to CR XI and convert C Dictionaries to the next version ?

Thank you for your help,

Lyne

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Crystal XI doesn't support Dictionaries. Please see the article pasted here

KBase Article ID:c2018066

Article refers to:Crystal Reports XI

Symptom
When using Crystal Reports XI, is it possible to report off Crystal Dictionaries, Crystal Queries, or Crystal Info Views? 

Resolution
Crystal Reports XI does not support reporting off Crystal Dictionaries, Crystal Queries, or Crystal Info Views. 

The command objects have replaced Crystal Queries, while Business Views have replaced Crystal Dictionaries and Crystal Info Views.

Regards,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for this information. I don't understand english very well. So, if I have understand .... I need to by the Business views if I wanna convert the Crystal Distionary 8.5. And then my new reports (CR XI R2) might be capable with my new queries with Business Views ?

Do you kown if I will be able to convert the queries or I might do them again with the Business Views ?

Thank you,

Lyne

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to convert Crystal 8.5 using dictionaries to Crystal XI R2 then you can use Datasource Migration Wizard which converts the reports from 8.5 to XI R2. You can find this migration wizard if you have Crystal Enterprise XI R2 in your machine. If you want to download trial version you can get it from the following link.

[https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/bobj_download/main.htm]

Hope this helps!

Raghavendra

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos