cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling one report from another report

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement where i will have a main report which will display the summary information.

When the user clicks on the summary information he has to navigate to another report wheren the

details of the summary will be displayed.

Basically i am looking for something like a main report and on a button click of an item will

navigate me to the detail report. How can i do linking of reports. I also need to pass parameters

from main report to the called report.

I want to do this in Business objects WEBI

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Linking a Webi report to another Webi report using the u201Copen Documentu201D function:-

. Create a new Web Intelligence child report using the e-fashion universe.

. Created another Web Intelligence parent report using the e-fashion universe

. In the parent report created a link using openDocument function in the blank cell. Below is the syntax:

http://<webserver>/businessobjects/enterprise115/<platformSpecific>?

For Java implementations, use desktoplaunch/opendoc/openDocument.jsp in place of the <platformSpecific> parameter.

For .NET implementations, use InfoView/scripts/opendocument.aspx in place of the <platformSpecific> parameter.

For example:

http://win2k3-ent-sp1:8080/businessobjects/enterprise115/desktoplaunch/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?sTyp...

where

sType= wid is the type of the report. (NOTE: For Deski reports instead of sType we use sKind=FullClient)

sDocName= name of the child report.

For the browser window to open the report in the same window we need to add another parameter u201CsWindow=Sameu201D.

2) Passing a value from one Webi report to another using u201CopenDocumentu201D function:-

(Attached is the workflow with screenshots for more clarification).

Please let me know if you have any doubts regarding the above.

Regards,

Deepti Bajpai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much. This will work. But i need to know more on my environment variables. The example you gave was perfect. I will try to implement the same. I need to try passing parameters. Thank you very much for your help. I will post again when i get the parameters passed. Thanks again.

-Prabu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prabu,

I am also trying to pass parameters from one webi report to another. Please let me know how you acheived this.

(also, I do not see screen shots in the above posting. Please post them if you have)

I am on BOE XI 3.1

CMS: Oracle

Datasource: BW query

Thank you,

Dev