cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with generating a security role in program CRMD_UI_ROLE_PREPARE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello -

We have recently upgrade from CRM 2007 from CRM 4.0. We are working with the Business Roles and generating the security role from the business role using CRMD_UI_ROLE_PREPARE. We first create a simple test Business Role, a Z* copying from TPM_ROLE. Then we generated the security using CRMD_UI_ROLE_PREPARE. This was fine. Now was have copied a Business Role from TPM_ROLE that is one we want to use. We have created our own Z* Nav Bar and Role Config Key. This is working fine, but now when we try to generate using CRMD_UI_ROLE_PREPARE, the txt file is not generated, though there are no errors in the log. We can still generate the security role from our simple test. We have looked on line, and read the article in CRM Expert in June on Business Roles, but have not found the solution yet. Has anyone run into this?

thanks

George

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure you include a PFCG role in your Business Role as this will be the name of your text file. The PFCG role name should not contain any special characters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is how I used this program:

A. Generate required authorization objects

1. T-Code: SA38

2. Enter report CRMD_UI_ROLE_PREPARE and choose Execute.

3. Select your Business Role.

4. Choose language EN.

5. Choose Execute.

Result: A file is created for each Business Role and saved on your computer in the SAP working directory. If you are working with Microsoft Windows XP, this file is saved in C:\Documents and Settings\<User ID>\SapWorkDir\.

B. Assign authorization objects

1. T-Code: PFCG

2. Enter your Role and choose Change.

3. On the Menu tab choose Import from file and upload the file previously created.

4. Choose Save.

Then adapt the authorizations if needed and choose Generate.

Stephanie.

Former Member
0 Kudos

---

Edited by: Chris Kolokouris on Jan 15, 2009 1:21 AM

former_member96398
Participant
0 Kudos

Is there documentation on using this program, I tried generating a PFCG role based on a business role I copied from SAP (Service Professional) and it didn't seem to effect the PFCG Role? could you elaborate on it's use?

Regards,

Curtis

former_member96398
Participant
0 Kudos

How are you using this program? CRMD_UI_ROLE_PREPARE? I tried creating a PFCG role based on a business role and it didn't seem to do anything. Is there documentation on using this program?

Is this a faster method than just associating with a copied SAP CRM backend role?

Thanks,

Curt

Former Member
0 Kudos

The one we can generate, has an SAP standard Role Config Key and Nav Bar, the one we cannot generate has a Z*, copy of Role Config Key and Nav Bar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George

I dont really understand your question. fIf it was working the first time, why it is not working now? What is the difference between the 2 scenarios?

We've been able to generate our PFCG profile using CRMD_UI_ROLE_PREPARE but when we logon we still have authorizations issues ....

Best regards

Stephanie