Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EA-FIN activation 6.0

former_member250600
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could you shed some light on the activation of EA-FIN. We had upgraded technically our R3 and were expecting, when running SFW5 display of extension, to see EA-FIN activated. However, it is not the case.

We understand that in order to use the NEW Depreciation program, we need to have EA-FIN activated.

Do you know if whether this situation is normal after a technical upgrade and in order to use the New Dep. Cal. Program we'll have to activate it manually or we missed some steps during upgrade ?

Best Regards,

AU.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you do an upgrade you have to take the choice to activate EA-FIN. We are doing an upgrade and have taken the choise not to it.

For the part asset accounting I like to have it, but it changed FI/CO to (new general ledger, document splitting, reconcilation ledger is gone...) Read the upgrade documentation and the Blogs.

For new Genaral ledger it is a migration what you have to do and other tables are used then now

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The NewGL is not in EA-FIN. It's in the core and should be available even without EA-FIN being active. I don't know for certain but would be very surprised if the Rec Ledger is now missing as well. EA-FIN removes no functionality and removing the Rec Ledger would be contradictory to what SAP's approach has been with the NewGL (i.e., not forcing customers to migrate).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nathan,

This give perhaps for me the possebilty to activate EA-FIN when there is no direct need to implement NewGL

(will first have a look what it activate more)

Paul

former_member250600
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks Paul and Nathan for your replies.

Based on your answers, it seems to me that after an technical upgrade, we'll have to make a decision whether or not to activate EA-FIN. My initial understanding was that by default the EA-FIN is simply activated after the technical upgrade. This makes more sense because SAP would give the possibilities to customers to activate or not the extension and not forcing them to used it.

Also, from what I've heard, if customer wants to deactivated it, they will have to do it with SFW5 and also applying a bunch of OSS notes to get back the old depreciation program, and so other fields (O. dep. on trans.). I'm wondering how many customers took this decision and the efforts they took to revert it back.

Thanks again,

Antoine.

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once the extension is active, it can not be deactivated at SFW5 or by any other means. So if a customer doesn't want to live with any of the items delivered with EA-FIN, they need to carefully think through this process before activating it in their PRD system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antoine,

Have a search in the form Financial on EA-FIN there you can found more info about the activation.

Paul