cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost objectives, initiatives and milestones in SSM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have lost the objectives, initiatives and milestones after delete the application group.

We have created a demo enviroment for a client demo.

Created the context, application groups, perspectives, objectives, initiatives and milestones in SSM Administrator's user interface.

Initiatives are created with the correspondings applications groups.

We realized that the applications groups weren't linked with any the SAP Netweaver UME system group. Then we deleted the applications groups in SSM Administrator's user interface in order to create them correctly.

After that we see that the objectives, initiatives and milestones don't appear in the SSM > Initiatives tab. The strange thing is that we can see objectives and initiatives when clicking on the goal diagram.

We think that after deleting the application group the values where deleted from the initiatives, milestones, etc.

How can we recover initiatives, milestones, etc?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Bob_McGlynn
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Santiago,

The answer is to not ever delete an Application Group. When you create an Application Group in Strategy Management, information associated with that group is 'tagged' to them. So when you delete an Application Group, it deletes all the associated tags.

And even if you delete a group and then create a new group with the same name, the information is still gone.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

That said, there may be a very manual way to find that data, now without tags, to restore it. You'd be best to work with Support on that by filing a CSS ticket.

Regards,

Bob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer Bob.

I would like to update the information posted. I only lost initiatives and milestones (not objectives) after delete an application group.

I understand when you say if you delete an application group you loose initiatives asociated to. It was what happened to me. But the strange thing is that although the initiatives aren't in the Initiatives tab I am still seeing them when I clicking on the goal diagram.

If I click on the initiative link on the goal diagram a error message appears: "Cannot display linked inititative contact your System administrator. Initiative may have been deleted, or you may not have permission to view it".

Do you know how it is possible to view the "old initiatives" in the goal diagram if they were deleted? Are the initiaves still saved in the server?

Regards,

Santiago