cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Control, ABAP or/and Netweaver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

My question is do we have exactly the same possibilities in AC ABAP and Netweaver version (except for FF).

If yes, is there any advantage to use the ABAP version.

Regards,

Julien

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julien,

Actually , if we talk about AC then basically there exists :

Compliance Calibrator ( Now RAR) , Role Expert ( now ERM ) , Firefighter ( Now SPM ) , Access Enforcer ( now CUP) .

Apart from last one rest 3 products have ABAP version.

Access Enforcer never had ABAP version therefore only option is using 5.X series.

For others , I agree there are certain functionalities and reports which exist in 4.0 and not in 5.2 and vice versa However , in version AC 5.3 , GRC has removed majority of the major gaps between both these versions and now AC 5.3 and 4.0 versions are more closer in functionality with each other . Additionally , new innovations and developments which were critical from security prospective have been incorporated in 5.3.

Hope this answers your question.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julien,

ABAP version (4) and netweaver version (5.x) of Access Control are different capabilities, in fact in 5.X version have an integration level that ABAP version doesnt have. And in 5.X abap version is just a complement to the funtionality of netweaver version.

Regards,

Magaly

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Magaly,

thank you for your answer.

I saw that there is some interesting reports in the ABAP version, which doesnt exist in the netweaver one and for example differents SOD tables for risk analysis.

The problem is that it looks like we have to do twice the cutomizing if we want to use both?

I mean if I load the SOD matrix online, I think we have to load it too in ECC.

Do you have examples of functionalities which are available in netweaver and not in ABAP?in ABAP and not in netweaver?

the ABAP version looks for me quite interesting.

Regards,

Julien