Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download file from FTP Server to Application Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Using the standard SAP Program RSFTP002, I was able to download the file to my local PC. But my requirement is to download the file from FTP to application server.

For RSFTP002, I am passing the username, password, host and in command 1 I am passing lcd :\temp, command 2 get filename. The file gets downloaded into c:\temp. If I do the same passing the app server path in command 1 as /usr/sap/tmp I get an error that pass cannot be found.

Anyone please help me how to donload the file from ftp to app server.

Thanks,

Deepthi

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I remember correctly the activation type on the technical settings tab must be set to "start on application server" in transaction SM59 for the RFC destination for the FTP server. This should allow the files to be transferred to/from the application server.

Regards,

Steve.

0 Kudos

Thanks Steve, let me check with the basis team and will update the post.

Thanks,

Deepthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steve,

The RFC Destination is set up as Start on Application server. But still did not work. Can you tell me the command to pass to the /usr/sap/tmp. I am giving as

lcd /usr/sap/tmp

get filename.xml

Thanks,

Deepthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

resolved myself

0 Kudos

Could you please share the steps followed to achieve the scenario and resolution?