cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to activate config OMR6 for Key VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I'm trying to activate the functionality to receive a hard error when the invoice (MIRO) has a price that will impact the moving average price greater then 3%.

I went to OMR6 and added key VP to my company code and then entered the higher and lower check limits.

When I post the invoice, I don't get any messages to prevent me from posting.

What else do I need to do to turn on this tolerance check? I looked at OMRM and could not easily find which message corresponds to this tolerance. I tried 479 and 784, but those did not seem to work.

Help,

Cindy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We applied service pack 13 and this started to work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cindy, I have personally never heard of this working for MIRO as a stock posting should result for this to be checked.. and I don't think that's the case with invoicing.. It should have prompted you during GR itself

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Thanks for replying. Perhaps it is a ERP 2005 functionality??

The SAP Press book "Invoice Verification for SAP" 2nd edition written by Stephen Birchall (excellent book) explains the concept of this config. This is a sample excerpt that triggered the request for me to activate this:

"VP (moving average price variance) - This tolerance does not affect the invoice block, but instead is used to warn the user that the invoice posting will affect the MAP by an amount that exceeds the tolerance. This is an important setting, because if an invoice price is different from MAP it will alter that MAP, even if the invoice is blocked for payment. . . . " So I activated the key VP using OMR6. It further explains that, out-of-the-box, we should get a warning, but I don't even get that when I posted the invoice. So I think I'm missing a step to perhaps turn on a message somewhere else?

Cindy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep it should be an out-of the box deal.. the message M8 784 should pop as a warning..

Check Note 963185.. it explains correction through a report although we maintain settings correctly in OMR6..

Here's the link

Link [https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=963185]

Edited by: Pavan Kumar on Oct 17, 2008 10:45 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for finding that note. I'll give it a try and if it works, I'll let you know.

Cindy