Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Can't connect to CRSXI R2 with Crystal Reports Viewer 2008

I am unable to connect to Crystal Reports Server XI R2 in Crystal Reports Viewer 2008. I read CRSXI R2 needed to be at SP2 or later, so I upgraded to SP2 (now ver #11.5.8.826)

I am not sure what connection URL to enter in CRV.

I have tried the example in CRV Help of http://myserver:8080/dswsbobje/services (where myserver = servername where CRSXI resides) - it keeps coming back to a 'Log on to BusinessObjects Enterpirse' window (I do have a user name & password entered in CRV that is used to log on to CMC) and says "Cannot connect to BusinessObjects Enterpirse at this time. Please try again later."

I am not sure about the 8080 port#. When logging on to CMC, the System field is filled with, myserver:6400, so I tried using the same URL, but with 6400 instead of 8080 - got the same logon window as before.

When I do NOT use a port#, I do NOT get the BOE logon window, but a window titled, Crystal Reports Viewer 2008, which states, 'Cannot Connect to Server. The webservice URL does not appear to be valid.'

When upgrading to SP2, I followed the CRSXIR2 SP2 Upgrade pdf. I have the promotional license and thus, can NOT run Live Office, so I did NOT worry about the Java Web Component Adapter - could this be the problem (the doc said that the Java WCA was used for Live Office and had me skip the Install Java WCA section since not using Live Office). The doc also had a link to download a file for Java Portlets - I did not download and install these. Could this be the problem?

Could someone please point me in the right direction of how to find the correct URL?

CRSXI is on MS WinServer2003 with MS SQL Server 2005.

Thanks,

Jeff

replied

Yes.

You should see CRS XI R2 and CRS XI R2 SP2....or something like that.

I use BOE but the architecture etc. are the same.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question