Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SPAM disassemble phase very slow on test system

I am seeing incredibly slow performance in the disassemble phase of spam when applying support packs to QAS system.

The disassemble phase completed in 10 minutes when done on dev system which is the transport domain controller and is now at 20+ hours in qas.

I am currently seeing the system rebuild each support pack file in the trans\data directory structure at a snails pace.

This process may be much worst for me since I moved my QAS(test) system to an offsite location as part of our DR plan.

The created time on each file in the data directory matches when this was first done in DEV but it appears the contents of each file is being deleted and rebuilt. I verified the size of the files are the same before and after this rebuild process.

Can anyone tell me if this is expected behavior or make a recommendation for speeding up the process?

replied

Can you try to copy a datafile and see how it performs?

As mentioned, simply copy a datafile in the transdir, i suggest you look out for one of the bigger files and measure the time. Do a copy on the qas server and compare it to the same copy on the dev server.

Regards

Michael

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question