cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bus Area & Profit Center activatin in ECC 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts...

I am not well versed with new functinality of ECC 6 .. I want to know the pros and cons of activating Business Area when profit center is activ. As I heard tht SAP is not going to support Business Area in near future. and encouraging for profit center.. but one problem with profit center is that in so many transaciton Profit center is not the selection creteria liek clearing transactions..

So anyone can give me brief about this

thanks a lot

Regards

Pooja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

PROFIT CENTERE ACCOUNTING IS PROFITABILITY PRODUCTWISE ,PRODUCT GROUP WISE OR LOCATION WISE IF BUSINESS AREA ISNOT ACTIVATED.

IN FUTURE IN CASE OF ECC6.ONLY CLIENTS WIL GO FOR PROFIT CENTERES BECASUE IN THIS CASE DOCUMENT SPLITING ALSO WIL EFFECT TO AND GIVE THE BALANCE SHEET PROFIT LOSSACCOUNT THROUGH PROFIT CENTERE WISE

S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumathi

Thanks thanks for your reply..

Does that mean that any one should b activated in ECC 6. for document split active.. if document split active and my client wants B/L on Profit Center wise then can i g ofor activation of Business Area

thanks a lot

Regards

Pooja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When u activated document splitting functionality u can split your documents on the basis of profit center wise and u can generate balance sheet profit center wise.

If u dont requrie document splitting functionality u can deactivate the same for your company code, but at client level document splitting is active only.

regards

srikanth.