cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Posting in MIRO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created a PO with Acct.Assg as 'V' - (Non-Val GR Against a Cost Center.

I have done a goods receipt - At this stage there is no FI Documents which is correct

After posting invoice in 'MIRO' and while checking the Accounting document there is a Debit enrty at GR/IR Account which is wrong.

But this error happens only for one company code & works fine for other company code

Can you suggest what could create this error please.

Regards

Prakash.G

+4550310479

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you check OBYC for WRX.. make sure you do not have a valuation assignment here..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan

The purchase order does not have a material number & it is a text PO. Hence there is no valuation class.

Yes I have checked in OBYC for 'WRX'.

Here there is an entry with a Valuation Area , Blank & a blank Valuation Class field with a GL A/c.

I get the same GL Acct in the Acct Doc in MIRO.

But my worry is , this works fine for CC 1000 & not for CC2000.

Regards

Prakash.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

So is there an entry in Val area?

moreover did you try comparing the GL account in FS03 for both company codes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan

Yes there is an entry with a GL A/c. Posting is happening is to this GL.

And I have compared the GL across both the CC, the only difference was in Tax Category which I have maintained the same data

What the problem is when this is a non valuated material which has no valuation class, there should not be a GR/IR GL A/c impact.

How does the system pick the GL A/c when I do a MIRO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Check table T156S for the appropriate movement type

2. Find the appropriate movement type and value string in table T156S based on :

- if the material type is quantity and/or value updated

- if the item has a special stock type

- what type of movement is occurring

- what type of account assignment the item might have (consumption, sales order,

stock account, etc.)

3. Based on the value string, check table T156W for the sequence of t/e keys accessed

4. Check table T156 to determine if the sequence from T156W begins with a debit or a credit

5. Check table 030 to see the possible postings for each of the t/e keys

a. for the t/e keys which have simple entries of posting keys (as with KBS), look to table TBSL to see what account this posting key affects

b. for the t/e keys which have a valuation grouping code, account modifier, and a valuation class specification, find the account by the following :

u2022 look to table 001K to find the valuation grouping code based on the appropriate valuation area and company code

u2022 look to table T156X if an account modifier must be checked

u2022 look to the accounting view in the material master to find the appropriate valuation class

To check the account postings, use transaction code OMWB (accessed via the path Tools > Cust > Config > Log > MM > Val/Acc.assign > Config > Acct determ > Auto posting > Simulate). Hit cancel to get to the next screen, then hit the "Simulation" button choose a plant, material and a movement type, and hit the "Account assignment" button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

could you please elaborate more on this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shreek

Thank you for have taken time in explaining the process.

I am aware of how the GL gets picked while posting entries

My problem is

a) I am doing a GR for a non-valuated text material which does not have any valuation class (purchasing note books for example) & the PO is against a cost center.

b) Hence while posting a GR this should not hit the GR/IR acct, which is happening correct

c) The problem is in MIRO. When I do a MIRO the entry is like

Dr Vendor A/c - 100.00

Cr GR/IR A/c - 0.00

Cr Consumption A/c - 100.00

I should not get the second line since the value is 0.00

and it is a text PO.

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

>I am doing a GR for a non-valuated text material which does not have any valuation class (purchasing note books for example) & the PO is against a cost center.

as ur material is non valuated then u cant do the MIRO

u just have to do the GR

regards

kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal

Why is that a MIRO should not happen for a non-valuated PO.

How does vendor gets paid

Please clarify