cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem for Bapi Call in Integration Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am creating an Integration Scenario at Design time which can be used during configuration time.In the Int. Scenario, I am using a Int Process(BPM). I am making a synchronous call to BAPI from my BPM. How can this be implemented in Integration Scenario.

So how can I send a input message from BPM to BAPI and then take further steps only after getting response from BAPI. Is there any way to define synchronous Action in Int Scenario??? And another point to be noted is that we are not using any communication channel to send the message from BPM or receive the response in BPM. We have only a receiver communication channel which receives the message for the BAPI.

So please help in solving this problem.

regards,

Biranchi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for ur reply. I am trying to follow the suggestion given by u. U have specified that the BAPI in R/3 system has to be inserted as an application component. But I am unable to do that. I am using IDES system for the BAPI,but in the selection screen for the Application Component we have only instances of installed product in the SLD. So how to find out the application component to be imported.

And another problem is that I have to create an action for in the application Component containing BAPI and then it should be connected to the action in BPM for interaction. I have created one action for this and given the BAPi as both outbound and inbound interface. Is this the proper way to do this???

regards,

Biranchi

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Thanks for ur reply. I am trying to follow the suggestion given by u. U have specified that the BAPI in R/3 system has to be inserted as an application component. But I am unable to do that. I am using IDES system for the BAPI,but in the selection screen for the Application Component we have only instances of installed product in the SLD. So how to find out the application component to be imported.

>

What you need to do is, first of all your import the BAPI (RFC) into XI system. (I hope you must be knowing how to import the RFC & IDOCs into XI system). Make sure this BAPI is remote-enabled under attribute TAB in R3 ---> SE37.

Now this imported BAPI (RFC) will be used in your message interfaces and this message interface will be used inside ACTION. And then you can use this action in your Integration Secnario as mentioned in the picture above in my first reply.

Sorry for the confusion, you need to R3 business system name rather inserting the BAPI as a business system under 3rd swim lane.

> And another problem is that I have to create an action for in the application Component containing BAPI and then it should be connected to the action in BPM for interaction. I have created one action for this and given the BAPi as both outbound and inbound interface. Is this the proper way to do this???

>

As mentioned above, after you import the BAPI (RFC) in XI you can create the messge interface. There should be two Message Interfaces. One for sending the request and other for receiving the response message.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I am creating an Integration Scenario at Design time which can be used during configuration time.In the Int. Scenario, I am using a Int Process(BPM). I am making a synchronous call to BAPI from my BPM. How can this be implemented in Integration Scenario.

You should design the Integration Scanario something like this... while designing you may have to add/delete more actions as per you need...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23639237@N02/2949019851/

> So how can I send a input message from BPM to BAPI and then take further steps only after getting response from BAPI. Is there any way to define synchronous Action in Int Scenario???

Since BPM has no direction therefore all the message interfaces will be sync/async Abstract only. So when you are sending the data to BAPI then in the action you should define the sync/ async Abstract interface.

>And another point to be noted is that we are not using any communication channel to send the message from BPM or receive the response in BPM. We have only a receiver communication channel which receives the message for the BAPI.

You will require one more Receiver CC (RFC) for BAPI in order to receive the request message sent from PBM.

If I have understood anything wrong, please correct me and let me know the exact scenario.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create an abstract interface for sysnc interface..so u can use it in BPM.Create communication channel templte for both sender system and receiver syste.now create integration scenario and create 3 action objects.one for sender,2nd for IP, 3rd for BAPI.

in second action select IP from Input Help,Now create connection sender -> IP then create connection ip -> BAPI. connections beteen actions should be serial type.try with this.

sendersystem Action -> IP -> Receiver SystemAction

Former Member
0 Kudos

To connect two actions from different application components that communicate with each other synchronously, you must define a synchronous connection. Both actions must be on the same level in the integration scenario graphic.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c8/98e7d5c1620642973565ea3dd319d1/frameset.htm