cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only language key EN is loaded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

i have loaded Data from ECC 6.0 to BI7.0,But only the records having language key EN are Loaded.

any boby can suggest the step i have missed.

thanks

Debasish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think it has to with the logon language from the background user.

The same problem arises in our system; the bakcground user is defined to logon in English and only the English language text fields are delivered to the BI system.

I'm looking for a way to get all languages in the BI system.

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marco - that is not correct - Des is correct

The language in the infopackage is hardcoded from the instance languages installed on the BW server

You can see this by running RSA3 on the R3 side and having the lnaguage as a parameter to the datasource

But in the ipak on BW there is no parameter - this is because the paraamer is filled at runtime by looking into the instance profile

You can however fool BW into thinkign it has the languages instaleld even if you dont do a full language install by just adding the languages to the profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

when you talk about instance profile to me it sounds like something for the technical guys.

Am i right?

Or do i have to use S_ABA_72000001?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is a basis activity that will require a server bounce - check Des' note he mentioned - OSS note 529789 and paragraph 10

desgallagher
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Debasish,

I guess that the problem is that the language is not installed on the BI side or else it is not configured correctly on the

BI side. When loading text data to BI/BW a check is done on the language selection, please check point 10 of the attached

note 529789.

Best Regards,

Des.

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in the transformation if you have hardcoded EN.

or

Check in infopackage or DTP if you have hardcoded to EN

or

Check in source system if other languages exist or do you have only EN mainatained..

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am loading a master data text, and the language keys are EN and DE in ECC.I have not hardcoded EN in Transformation and DTP.

Could you plese give any other solutions.

Thanks

Debasish

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you made the infoobject text as language dependent ???