cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending a File (XML or TXT) as attachment to Mail Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

In a scenario I'd like to pull a file by using 'File Adapter' and send it (without content change) as attachment to an Email recipient.

Is their any possibility to send a file by using Mail Adapter?

Do you have any similar solution in place, if so could you please share your experiences with me?

FYI, we are using XI 3.0, SP14.

I'll appreciate your time.

Regards,

K. Afsali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Afsali,

//Is their any possibility to send a file by using Mail Adapter

it is possible.

There are a few steps to it though. You will have to convert the file you pick up into an XML file as XI can process only XML data.

After you are done with it, you will have to import a WSDL for sending mails. this WSDL is available on SAP Marketplace and it will have all details like from, to subject,and content. To get this WSDL just check this link,

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/012006153200000361852004E/ximail30_xsd.txt

Just do the mapping of the respective fields and the information mapped to the content field will be passed as the content of the mail.

Just check thise links out,it will surely help you

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/07/mail-adapter-xi--how-to-implement-dynamic-mail-address

Regards,

Bhavesh

Message was edited by: Bhavesh Kantilal

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/23/xi-html-e-mails-from-the-receiver-mail-adapter

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/07/mail-adapter-xi--how-to-implement-dynamic-mail-address

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/18/xi-sender-mail-adapter--payloadswapbean--step-by-step

I believe these weblogs will provide you with answers.