cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the best practices for Database management and performance tuning?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to ensure that I am using the best practices for managing and maintaining our Database.

Is there any documentation out there that outlines how to maintain and ensure top performance out of our database?

Thank you!

John Sefton

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this thread on SAP Business One Best-Practice System Setup and Sizing

[;

Former Member
0 Kudos

I appreciate the responses, however this is not the information I am looking for.

I am specificaly looking for best practices invloving the managment and performance tuning.

Example: are their tools that I can install that will monitor the size and response time of the database and alert me if there is degradation in performance?

Are there specific periodic activities I should be doing to garuntee that my database will continue to function that way it is supposed to?

Or is this a fire and forget solution that does not need this attention?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

There is a EWA reporting tools from SAP.

Other than that, please check microsoft SQL Server site for your answer. Your question is related to databse only.

There is a good tool on MS site: SQL Server 2005 Best Practices Analyzer. Found it out.

Thanks,

Gordon

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Best practices for database management to improve performance, enhance security. Read more here: Four database management best practices your organization should implement | SmartShift

Regards,

Priscilia

msundararaja_perumal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check this link

https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001151332007E.pdf

If your system performance degrades,in case of sequel server,you can shrink the database,ie., truncating the log file.