cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard Drive low on disk space - What is the process of moving B1 Server App?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The partition the SAP B1 Server App is installed on is running low on disk space. I would like to move the APP from the D:\ to a new, faster, hard disk we have installed.

What is the process for uninstalling and reinstalling the server app to a new partition.

Is there any documentation that outlines this process?

What are concerns I should have for doing this?

Any and all info is appreciated.

John Sefton

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need not move the entire B1 App from c:\ drive to d:\. Instead you can move your company DB of SQL Server alone to D:\ Drive.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is true, but I am concered the customer is going to install more applications to this drive and it run out of space completely. Hence, that is why I would like to move it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fine. Then Backup the Client Database from SQL Server Management Studio.

Backup the B1_SHR folder from the SAP Server.

Now uninstall SAP B1 from the Server.

Restart the Server and do a Fresh Installation of SAP B1.

Apply for New License Key. Install the License Key after you get from SAP portal.

Upgrade to the Patch similar to that of the Backuped Client DB Patch.

Now create a new company in SAP B1.

Restore the DB which was backed up.

NOTE: I suggest these operations to be done by experienced guys. If you are a SBO Customer, then I recommend you to ask your Implementation Partner to do this exercise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I appreciate the information, and this all makes sense.

Should I have any concerns about doing this? Are there any potential "pitfalls" that I need to be aware of?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not that complex. But you should be aware of DB Backup and restore operation of SQL Server.

As I told you earlier, you'll have do this in assistance with your SAP Implementation Partner.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer.

I am a member of the implementation team. I was looking to "double check" that there are no pitfalls I might not be accounting for.

Thanks

JS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry.. I assumed that you are an End Customer.

Appologies for assumptions..

Good Luck.

Answers (0)