cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run Web Dynpro in EP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have develop a web dynpro with Netweaver Developer Studio and I deployed it.

Now I want to execute web dynpro in the Portal.

How can I do it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In portal, in PCD create a iview of type webdynpro, then give the name and id of the iview and in the next step you will get a screen to select your deployed web dynpro object, select your web dynpro object, and click finish. thats all. iview will be created for your web dynpro object.

If you are not yet created a system in portal for web dynpro, then here is the step by step procedure.

For creating a webdynpro iview the required steps are:

1.Define a System:

(a)Creating a folder and defining a system

Define the system on which the Web Dynpro application is running as follows:

In the portal, navigate to System Administration-> System Configuration -> System

To call up the System Landscape Editor, choose the Browse tab -> Portal Content folder. Creating a new folder is optional, you can also use an existing folder.

To create a new folder choose New -> Folder in the context menu using the alternate mouse button.

Give the folder a Folder Name,Folder ID Prefix

Master Language and

Description. Please note that you have to edit the inputfields marked with a red asterisk.

Choose Finish. The new folder will appear in the Portal Content directory.

Highlight the newly-created folder in the Portal Catalog and choose the context menu button.

Choose New -> System. Launches the System Wizard.

Select “SAP_R3_LoadBalancing System Template” from the Template selection window screen and choose Next button.

Provide a system name, system ID and prefix for your system.

The names are arbitrary, for example:

System Name, for example WD_SystemName

System ID, for example WD_SystemID

System ID Prefix, for example com.sap

Save As “System”

Choose the Master Language

Choose the push button Next. On the next screen all entries will be displayed in a summary that allows you to check the entries before finishing.

Choose Finish.

(b)Defining an alias for the system

To create the alias for the system, first make sure that the new system is open in the System Landscape Editor.

Proceed as follows:

1. Select System Aliases from the Edit dropdown list box in the toolbar at the top right.

2. Specify a name for the system alias, for example MySystem. Add the defined alias by pressing the button Add. Save your work using the button Save.

3. To edit the properties of the system, choose Object in the Edit dropdown list box at the top right.

4. In the Property Category dropdown list, choose Web Application Server (WAS).

5. Maintain the following properties:

WAS Host Name = <host>.<domain>:port (this corresponds to the Web Dynpro server location and the port on which it is running eg. PXYZ.wdf.sap.corp:50000.)

WAS Protocol = http (depends whether the J2EE Engine used is configured to use HTTPS or not)

6. Save your work.

2. Creating a Web Dynpro-Based iView:

Procedure

1. In the portal, navigate to Content Administration -> Portal Content. The Portal Content Studio is opened.

2. In the Portal Catalog, select the folder you defined previously, which should contain your new Web Dynpro-Based iView.

3. To select New iView use the context menu.

4. The iView wizard appears on the right. Select the appropriate standard iView template SAP Web Dynpro iView.

5. Choose Next.

6. On the next screen define the iView Name and the iView ID of the iView. The name is used as the title for the iView. The key is the technical name and the iView ID prefix can be used to define your own namespace.

7. Choose iView.

8. Choose Next.

9. To specify the application variant select the definition type ABAP or Java.

10. On the next screen you have to define the Web Dynpro-specific application parameters:

a. System

Choose the system alias you want to use for your Web Dynpro application from the dropdown listbox. You have to create a system alias for each J2EE Engine first before you can run a Web Dynpro application on it. How to create a system and a system alias is described in detail earlier in Define a system.

b. Namespace

You have to define the development component containing your Web Dynpro application. If you are working locally without the DTR you have to define the Web Dynpro project used here. Make sure that both a development component and a Web Dynpro project contain the vendor name. For example, the following are possible values: sap.com/tcwdtools for a development component or local/MyWebDynproProject for a Web Dynpro project. For example in the “Creating a Simple Web Dynpro Application“ the project is called local/WebDynpro_Basics.

Note: The specified name of the development component is the same as displayed in the J2EE Engine console using the LIST_APP command or as used in the Web Dynpro application URL.

c. Application Name

The application name is the name of the Web Dynpro application, for example WelcomeApplication.

d. Application Parameters

If your Web Dynpro application has startup parameters you can define specific values for this iView. Imagine you have two parameters parameter1 and parameter2. In this case you could define the following application parameter string: parameter1=value1&parameter2=value2.

11. After defining the Web Dynpro-specific parameters the next wizard screen is displayed, which allows you to define the standard iView parameters. If you use the standard Web Dynpro iView template your Web Dynpro iView uses automatic resizing. If you want to define a fixed height or a full-screen iView you have to adjust this parameter.

12. Choose Finish.

You can now use your Web Dynpro iView in the same way as any other iView, i.e. you can add the iView to pages, worksets or roles.

+To preview the Web Dynpro application, choose the button Preview in the Portal Content Studio.

by pooja in

Hope this helps.

PradeeP

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

refer the following link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/11/0d653f0c9fa075e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

if u deployed webdynpro application in portal server, no need to create system.. selecet SAP_LocalSystem.

Regards,

Chinandurai R

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, but how can the users run it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrea,

once you create an iview with the steps mentioned you need to create a role (right click on the folder where you want to create) and create a role.

keep the role open and right click on the iview which u created and select add iview to role and set the entry point of role to yes.

once you do that go to user administration and select the user to whom you want to assign this role .click on modify and go to roles tab and search for your role ,add it and save it.

then that user can access the webdynpro application

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala Duvvuri,

I have done this,

I have set all the entry point of role to yes and I assign the new role, but if I try to access with "standard user" I don't show my web dynpro.

Help me!!!

Many Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrea,

what do you mean by standard user.

have you all the steps in user administration which i mentioned above

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

I re-try all the steps.

I mean for standard user, the non administrator user.